ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think ive written off my 182 (Pic)

Stagecoach Ticket
JCC yeah you might be able to get it back if you kicked off big time but alot of the main insurers would not want to give it back. If you made a massive fuss and gave them the V5 as you say and declared as sorn then they might let you have it. CAT A is most extreme you can get AD pretty much cars that are in half or fire damage.

172 Cup
Thats deffo a right off mate! Roof bent and your B-pillar bent = Big $$$$$$ They wrote my Cup off for less :(

Matt.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
gutter, weather has been utterly pisch round edinburgh way of late.

where abouts was it?

I went down to musselburgh and it was shocking the backroad off the services was flooded.

BMW M3
Yeah, pretty gutted considering i know it was mint. Spent a lot of time, money and effort getting it there and was putting out 200 bhp. Never rattled or squeaked once and has a perfect service record.

Also has a Janspeed system and Sportlines.

The only thing that was not up to speed were the rear tyres which i was due to change in the next couple weeks. Suppose thats the way the cookie crumbles.

BMW M3
Finally my insurance company has come back with a price.

They will give me £4700 which is a lot better than i was expecting to be honest.

Thought i would have had to fight for that.

Recon its a good deal ?

54 Pate non cup on 68,000 miles

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
doubt you would get that if u split it

get another for that off here

Find some expensive adverts. Send them the links and ask for more.

Can't hurt. They might tell you that £4700 is their final offer, but you might get more. Its worth the effort of sending a few links.

It's not too bad for insurance companies, but as Revels says chance your luck a bit, you've got nothing to lose.

TTRS & V50
It's not too bad for insurance companies, but as Revels says chance your luck a bit, you've got nothing to lose.

Definally ask for more, i've heard in many case's you can raise the amount they give you.

There is never a chance they will go below that offer, so you may aswel try.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I would keep rejecting and rejecting. Their admin time and fixed costs eventually make it more viable to just pay you the extra. Thats is, assuming you have time and the ability to buy a new car without the money from the old one.

Golf R
never accept their first offer... when my Trophy was written off they offered me one price, i then gave them 5 adverts of similar vehicles and they increased their offer... do some research on what they go for, unless you're happy with that price of course

oh and gutted to see the damage, i wasn't expecting it to be so bad!

BMW M3
Thanks guys, Ill try my luck for more i think. Ive seen them advertised at higher prices so ill go for them.

Yeah, missing the 182 now. Really not sure what to get.

Was thinking an M-sport 320d and remap it ! Bet they are rapid once played with.

320d
Sorry to see this mate. M sport BMW's are nice. You could just get a 197 though. Step up but still the Renaultsport experience.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
rather than feeling gutted about it just look at it as a chance for a new car, i think id need to write my 172 off before i could change it! lol id need forced to change it!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
After speaking with a direct line engineer mate, you should reject there first offer on the grounds you ahve seen the same model, mileage ect.. for more in a private sale.

Aslong as you can back that up it should be fine and you should get a little more.

Even 5k would suffice imo.