ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking about it!!

A Ford **hides**
Local Renault Dealer's got a 99 T-plate Clio 1.6 RXE 5door auto (remember i can only drive autos) for £3k including servicing for life.

It's in immaculate conditioning and has Free Servicing for life offer at the moment.

is it a good deal?

A Ford **hides**
Already did, it's very smooth gearchanges are nice and acceralates nicely with virtually no noise.

was surprised at how roomy it is inside, i'm a big lad and felt like there was still enough room so that was a bonus.

Meant to say it's only done 42k too which isn't bad in my book.

Guy said its been sitting for a while (which i know it has) and hadn't sold as most people didn't like the colour as it's WHITE.

But personally I like it.

Got some serious thinking to do now though :D

A Ford **hides**
I'm very seriously considering it, but want to look about at a few others before I decide yay or nay, also waiting on my current Pug 205 coming out of the garage and how much that's gonna set me back before I decide for sure.

Clio 1.6 RXE
sounds a good deal that mate.
i have an S plate RXE 3 dr.
was my first car, and i love it to be honest. did try getting rid, but just couldn't... liked it too much.
handles well, got the toys (air con, elec mirrors, sunroof, etc), trip comp.
sporty ride (but quite refined at the same time)
a couple of simple mods and they look nice too :)

172 Cup
they are pretty good cars. my mum bought one a few months ago. it was T Reg also but only had 6k on the clock!!! i thought that was a bargin at 4 grand.

A Ford **hides**
Yeah the 'extras' like the Air Con and stuff make a bit of a difference

Still swithering but it's looking more likely :D

A Ford **hides**
Me too, just not sure if it's a Clio I want or not.

I've been swithering over 4x4's too, I know I Know but i'm 30 not into modding or going quick and i'm also quite a big lad. I'll make my mind up this week though.

Golf GTI 1.8T
How comes you've never done a manual test? I'd be more tempted to do that and get a quicker car ie 172

A Ford **hides**
Got a dodgy left ankle, it;s painful using the clutch and thus a no-no for me otherwise i'd maybe think of it

Golf MK4 GTi 1.8T
I love my 3 door rxe, cant think of a better value alternative for the price i paid (1800 s reg 63k). As ClioRXE said before, the extras like a/c, 6 cd changer, trip computer, elec. mirror, sunroof, etc really helped the car maintain its appeal over time. vbmenu_register("postmenu_1269998", true);

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
Does that 'Free servicing for life' offer mean all labour and parts??

Just interested as it seems a dam good offer!!

BMW Z4 3.0i
The longer you want to keep it, the better a deal it'll be for you. You'll get to enjoy more free servicings. Also you'll lose out a bit due to the colour when you sell, but if you keep it 5 years and it's only worth a grand, then the colour won't make much difference by that time.

I will say this. Ask if the cam belt has been changed and what the interval for cam/aux belts are on this model. It may need one or both doing and also are they included in the free servicings.