ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinking of breaking the 172 for spares

iceberg 172
not having any luck in selling my 172 so iam thinking of breakig for spares instead but not sure i will make back what i want for it. anyone recently done this? the car is almost standard.:S

Schma Schme 1.6l
what do you want for it as a whole?

then simply devide up the cost of the parts to sell.

you'll never make more breaking the car once you take into account the hassle and pain involved. best way is to accept a lower sum as a whole if you want shot of it.

iceberg 172
for the money iam asking for it now ive lost massively. breaking wouldnt bother me as iam a mechanic by trade its just the silly prices that parts go fo thats got me thinking!

Schma Schme 1.6l
well,

if you make £1500 off the parts you'd do well. and you've still gotta sell them.

£2000 for your car should sell it and you'll not see £2000 of bits come off it.

saying that, i'd give ya £40 for the drivers door if it were mint. ;)

iceberg 172
haha its the whole car is mint;). its just been looking for a new car and car sales are only offering 1600 these days. would rather keep it than sell it for that much

haha its the whole car is mint;). its just been looking for a new car and car sales are only offering 1600 these days. would rather keep it than sell it for that much

It's high miles in an unpopular colour. Breaking it is a lot of hassle but whether maybe making a few extra quid is worth the hassle of having to strip it all, deal with the 8 million idiots on here asking questions and having to post it all.

Just take what you can get IMO. Or sell it to ClioSpares.

clio 172 cup
Break it, i broke my other cup, it was cat c damaged and wasnt worth repairing.

I put it on ebay for spares, and the emails went crazy, i sold it down to the bare shell, i made 2800 in one month.

People say its hassle, but i enjoyed it tbf. Breaking is good money, dont sell your parts cheap thou, theres plent of peolpe that will want um.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Without meaning to sound rude, but you've got your car advertised for ''£2500 No offers''.

Part ex they are offering you £1600.

So in reality, you need to be selling that car for £2400 ONO and accept anything near £2k.

Megane 225 F1
Without meaning to sound rude, but you've got your car advertised for ''£2500 No offers''.

Part ex they are offering you £1600.

So in reality, you need to be selling that car for £2400 ONO and accept anything near £2k.

This guy speaks sense. I tried selling my car for 2 months. After a bit of advice on how to advertise price wise from Daniel, I had it sold 2 days later for the price I was aiming for.

172/vx220t/m135i
When i was looking for one of these at the start of the year they were selling like hot cakes. As already mentioned change to nearest offer and you might get more joy.

Astra van,Mk1 nova

Totally agree with you! I was offered £1700 the other day as a trade in for my cup. Actually laughed, got up and had to leave! Dont break it! For all the money your going to make on it, just keep it as a side project or something.