ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of getting rid of the Valver

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What do you think?

I am struggling to find any reasons to keep it. I've got a 200 coming in a few weeks (or months!!) and work 7 days a week so never ever drive the valver. Apart from work and back and thats a 30 mph road all the way there. I've attracted nothing but bellends with the whole project, been let down at least 20 times with regards to buying/selling parts and booking in electricians/mechanics etc and i've had a guts full tbh. Just looking at it makes me want to punch pensioners for no reason.

Will it even sell though?! Its a rusty K reg Clio with an engine conversion ffs! Whats it worth?? I don't need the money so thats not a reason why, but its just pointless being sat there when i've got such little enthusiasm for it anymore. :(

Megane 225 F1
If i was on the laptop I would find a picture of some one slapping someone else for being stupid. In fact, I'm going to get on the computer now!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
^^This is no joking matter Michael! I loved that car!

The thing is, I still want a toy, something I can polish and be proud of, but If I scraped together £5k, the best I can get for my money is a 12 year old Honda ITR or a Clio 182! Neither of which excite me...

FFS. This is like putting a child up for adoption.

Evo 5 RS
Just looking at it makes me want to punch pensioners for no reason.

^ lol

tbh mate I think it's natural to lose enthusiasm now and again for whatever reason - I'd maybe not act on impulse and leave it awhile and see how you feel?

Should of kept that camry it's a beast ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Read f0xy's thread. Be inspired.

Makes me want one anyway...

I'm slightly different though! Jordan is about 20, lives at home. I'm married, a dad, and am self employed so I don't get any time anymore to spend on the car. A year ago when we were really busy at work I had staff so I spent a lot of time on the car and went and did a lot of track days. Now I'm on my own again I struggle to find time to take a s**t!!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Right now I am in the dilema of do I actually go ahead with putting an f4r into my valver! :S I really want to do it but something is nagging me about "ruining" the car, which is pretty mint at the moment. Something is telling em to sell my valver in its current condition an to get a good price for it and buy something else. I am really confused right now. Im picking up the F4R engine on saturday lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm slightly different though! Jordan is about 20, lives at home. I'm married, a dad, and am self employed so I don't get any time anymore to spend on the car. A year ago when we were really busy at work I had staff so I spent a lot of time on the car and went and did a lot of track days. Now I'm on my own again I struggle to find time to take a s**t!!

Fair point i suppose, being young i probably dont appreciate that lol

What stage is the valver at now? What has been done so far? Pm me if you want, saves the thread getting messy :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fair point i suppose, being young i probably dont appreciate that lol

What stage is the valver at now? What has been done so far? Pm me if you want, saves the thread getting messy :)

Its done! Been driving it for a while now.

Admitedly its not legal as I have no MOT or tax, but i've been running it to/from work daily without issue. But It needs a driveshaft, the rev counter sorting and my new rear shocks fitting. Thats it!!

21, lol. And exactly... Im glad to be having some fun now before I get tied up with anything serious!

Right now I am in the dilema of do I actually go ahead with putting an f4r into my valver! :S I really want to do it but something is nagging me about "ruining" the car, which is pretty mint at the moment. Something is telling em to sell my valver in its current condition an to get a good price for it and buy something else. I am really confused right now. Im picking up the F4R engine on saturday lol

Far from ruining it - you'l be glad you did it once its all working. Yeah the value of the actual car will take a knock, but the £ for £ performance increase if its been well thought out and planned is great - so much fun with it being a smaller car. Ive had F7P, F7R's and F4R's in the same shell, and cost vs performance vs reliability (and even fuel economy), the F4R wins every time...To put it into perspective, I did 12 trackdays and 12-13k last year, didnt change the oil all year and ran it on £7 for 5litres cheap shite - engine ran sweet as a nut. So I have just carried on using the same, and still to this day ive yet to have an issue with the engine itself!

Hyundai i40
tbh id keep it

do you need the money? No

Have you got the space to store it?

if yes then keep it....its like ur baby, its worth £500 to someone else but to you its worth a lot more, you will regret selling it

Fiesta ST-3
What Sarah said. Who knows... you may get a lucky break with work and find yourself with some time on your hands but then nothing to work on :(

Keep the ol' girl! If not sell it to mike!! (Jenic) :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Dan, I'd buy it. I'm serious.

Although tbh mate, I think you should keep it. It's a lovely car, get the niggles sorted out and just enjoy it, what you've listed that needs doing isn't even an afternoon's work and you know it!

If you actually use it as your car, rather than smoking around in old Ladie's or whatever you happen to have ended up with in PX, you may actually start to really enjoy it. Every now and again take the back roads to work or something, or just use it if you're popping out somewhere, or come down my way and we'll go tear it up around brands hatch for the afternoon!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
LOL at all the vultures trying to snap it up!

21, lol. And exactly... Im glad to be having some fun now before I get tied up with anything serious!

Far from ruining it - you'l be glad you did it once its all working. Yeah the value of the actual car will take a knock, but the £ for £ performance increase if its been well thought out and planned is great - so much fun with it being a smaller car. Ive had F7P, F7R's and F4R's in the same shell, and cost vs performance vs reliability (and even fuel economy), the F4R wins every time...To put it into perspective, I did 12 trackdays and 12-13k last year, didnt change the oil all year and ran it on £7 for 5litres cheap s**te - engine ran sweet as a nut. So I have just carried on using the same, and still to this day ive yet to have an issue with the engine itself!

Yeh I suppose you are right mate, I can always put it back to standard when I want to sell it if I keep the engine! Also I have always wanted to do soemthing like this so I will regret it fi I dont do it when iv got the chance!

PH1 iceburg
Mr Colshe, why not take some of that 5k you spoke of earlier and give it to someone to make the valver the car you want it to be. You know as much as the rest of us you will regret when someone buys it and keeps posting pics of it. Surely you have done the majority of the leg work. Get it to the standard you want (show toy) and keep it and keep making us all jealous.

UR R26
Im assuming you done the whole project to be a track car, why not take a weekend off. Get yourself booked into a track day. If not, is it worth keeping money tied up in it, if your not going to drive it .

IMO of course.

330i. E30 Touring.
LOL at all the vultures trying to snap it up!

Yeh I suppose you are right mate, I can always put it back to standard when I want to sell it if I keep the engine! Also I have always wanted to do soemthing like this so I will regret it fi I dont do it when iv got the chance!

Hi.

Yours is going to be mint, with a proper engine. (;

330i. E30 Touring.
You knows it.

I might even give it all a little clean up if you're lucky.

Plus, any little bits you need/fancy off the Ph1, you're welcome to.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
is this the one you rolled onto your drive on a hill to avoid your neighbour realising it was broke...lol

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
If you had time to sire another child you have time to drive the damn thing.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
What Sarah said. Who knows... you may get a lucky break with work and find yourself with some time on your hands but then nothing to work on :(

Keep the ol' girl! If not sell it to mike!! (Jenic) :D

Lol, why me :rasp:

I really like these f4r'd mk1's. Dont know how much he wants for it but the reason i probably wouldn't be able to have it is insurance :(

If it was cheap enough though.....

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, why me :rasp:

I really like these f4r'd mk1's. Dont know how much he wants for it but the reason i probably wouldn't be able to have it is insurance :(

If it was cheap enough though.....

Forget insurance! Buy a trailer and use it as real men should, track toy!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Forget insurance! Buy a trailer and use it as real men should, track toy!

What do I tow it with? Would need insurance on the volvo then, which means i may aswell get insured on the car. Its the reason I didnt get the 205 the other month, regret it now though.

Anyway thats for another thread lol.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
You knows it.

I might even give it all a little clean up if you're lucky.

Plus, any little bits you need/fancy off the Ph1, you're welcome to.

Shiny engine! :)

Awesome, cheers mate. I will have a think tonight if there is anything I need!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Bin it off Dan. From what you've said to me you've got alot better cars to be out thrashing about in anyway.

If you do sell it, don't ever go back or try to make another track car. Just remember the pain of this one.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
If you don't need the money and have space for it then I'd keep it. You'll only regret selling it once business picks up and you have time to enjoy it.

53 Clio's & counting
My opinion Mr colshe.

The facts (in my opinion)

1. Do you need the money? - No

2. Do you need the space? - No

3. Is it fooked? - No

These are very important points mate.

You have lost emthusiasm with it due to things out of your control. Look at your first post, a big issue for you is how many c**ts have let you down on parts, services etc.

You more than most know no matter what car you own, there are endless amounts of c**ts out there who will f**k you about. Regardless what you buy fella this will always happen - buy a Cossie and you will have endless people charging you 'Cossie tax' on parts and labour and you will still have paid 5k for a rusty 15 year old sierra!

In my opinion I think you should keep it. Every time iv been to see you mate we have spent more time talking about it than anything else lol, and to be fair I wouldnt call it rusty, you have that tiny patch on the sill (from memory) the rest id describe as bloody good for a 15 year old car!

I think the problem is you havent had the chance to drive it. Being let down so many times on here by people doesnt help, but thats not your or the cars fault.

You have done so much and are so close to getting it finished, all you need is a final push and it will be MOT'd and you will find time to drive it.

I had the thought of selling as mine, put it up for sale for the same reason as you, with my business I ended up not driving it, and saw it as a waste. but I thought I wont get much for it, and I wont get anything better for the money that will be better so I came to my senses lol.

If you need any help with it, then you know us regulars will happily help mate, and I know once its sorted properly you will be over the moon with it.

Or is it you dont want to drive it, now you have the pink Metro convertable.............