ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinking of selling my cup

clio 200

i am thinking of selling my 172 cup and just wondered wot sort of price i should ask

its a 2003 car with 32000 miles on, private plate, brand new tarox g88 discs and pads all round,, front and rear strut braces and koni adjustables all round

so wot do you think its worth

Clio 172 mk2

well a went to a renault dealer and they were trying to push for £8500

for one with similar miles, but this was needing some tlc as the back passengers wing had a dent and above the back passengers window was touch up paint. if its a clean car a reckon you would be able to get somewhere near that price.

what you looking to get instead of the cup?

clio 200

i dont really know what i want if i sell the cup, just havent really got a clue wot mine would be worth as i have never sold a car and been driving for like 7 years

Clio 172 mk2

start off with taking it to a few dealers and ask what sort of price you would get for a trade in, then look up parkers handbook from most petrol stations and that will give you a rough idea of money you will be able to spend on a new car.

Megane 225 Arctic Blue

Based on mine, which is an 03 reg and 34500 expect to be offered from £5500 to £6250!!
That is the value of the car. I could get upto £8000 for it but that was allowing for any discount in the new(er) car.
I am the 3rd owner though so that may make a difference.

Parkers seem too optimistic compared to dealer pricing, but What Car valuations are closer.

clio 200

and wouldnt want to trade the car in or sell it to a dealer, so wot sort of price should i be asking if i sell privately

Megane 225 Arctic Blue

Well, I owe more than the car is worth (on a personal loan) so what at least one dealer would have done was to take a certain amount of whatever discount/profit is in the new car and give it to me on the value of my car.

So if they said my car is worth £6000, but they had say £900 profit in the new car they would have then given me £6900 for my car etc etc but kept the new car at full sticker price.

The £8000 came from Renault against a new Trophy at full list price.

It all depends on whether you need a certain amount for your car ( as I do to clear the loan) or you just want to get the best deal on the new car.