ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of selling the 200...

DB.

BMW 440i
90% of the time, you will be able to get one with all the bits done for the same price as one that needs bits doing, you just need to look more!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I can understand you wanting to change/not 'clicking' with the 200. I knew I missed my 172 but after driving a 182 the other day, I miss it even more.

I wouldn't hesitate getting another 1*2 tbh

May have to stick with the 200 for longer...

Went into a local Renault earlier and asked how much they'd purchase it for. They found out my settlement fee for me from RCI and it's saying about £1k more than what I should actually owe?!! which I really don't understand? Do you get penalised for settling early?
I've redone the maths, and they seem fine (in which case I would have probably accepted the dealer's offer).

ffs

I mean id accept the dealer's offer if the finance left was at the price that my maths show. Im going to ring RCI up when I have a bit more time, as something is wrong somewhere.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
There are charges for handing lease hire vehicles back early. They are quite large sometimes too.

Could they have hit you with any extra charges?

The actual finance left is correct. I rang them and they gave an itemised list of payments left.

Tom @ Wests has informed me that he thinks the deal was 5% apr though, which may be where the extra cost has come from, as I thought it was interest free, which is a reason I went for the deal tbh...

Im going to see whether a dealer will just pay off the finance and then I start again.

Got a car lined up, so aslong as I can sell this and the new one isn't a shed (seems a good'un though - my workmate's, so I know he won't scam me) then ill be rolling in my 4th Clio.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The actual finance left is correct. I rang them and they gave an itemised list of payments left.

Tom @ Wests has informed me that he thinks the deal was 5% apr though, which may be where the extra cost has come from, as I thought it was interest free, which is a reason I went for the deal tbh...

Im going to see whether a dealer will just pay off the finance and then I start again.

Did you not read the paperwork you signed??

lol @ not reading. rookie.

My 200 was on 4% iirc.

Also worth noting that the first few payments pay off the interest so in the event that you do settle early the finance company don't lose out ;).

So that's that mystery solved gang. ;)

Im just hoping that one of my local Renaults will buy me out, or someone will spring up from nowhere to buy it (which I very much doubt will happen).

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
your better of PX ing it into renault on a car as opposed to trading it-

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
pro rata if its an old 172 then the margin on the 172 is probably less-

problem i main dealers & old 172's are few & far between- renault had 2 in the network the other week when I looked.

S

I asked if they could get hold of either a 172 or 182. They said they couldn't get anything :(

Ahhh well, never mind. The potential new one looks good anyway and its relatively cheap, so all is good. Lesson learnt about finance, although I don't regret getting the 200 one bit. Thoroughly enjoyed the car.

Vw caddy tdi
Swaping a 200 for a 172 is pointless renault for renault? Imho you are better off trading for audi/vw/skoda with a 1.9 tdi pd motor remap it away you go plenty of torque.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Swaping a 200 for a 172 is pointless renault for renault? Imho you are better off trading for audi/vw/skoda with a 1.9 tdi pd motor remap it away you go plenty of torque.

Nah.

The 200 is costing £££ every month to hire essentially.

The 172 is paid for and thats it (except repairs). But you own something, and its a more fun car.

Nissan 350z

son_i_am_disappoint.gif

CBR1000RR Fireblade

No you're not. VAG dervs are awesome mile munchers ( I have had quite a few vag cars in my time ) but they are boring as hell to drive. Even the Audi a3 20v T Quattro sport (model down from an s3) was no where near as much fun as my 182. Plus the VAG dervs aren't as economical as everyone seems to believe. ( which is the point in owning a derv IMO )

Dealership offer is crap, but the car looks like it isn't going to sell privately, so i've got to make the choice of either keeping the 200 or let my bank balance have a massive initial hit to get rid, clear rest of finance and buy the new one.

One side of the coin, ill be finance free and its only something im going to have to do in a years time anyway, so take the hit now, rather than this time next year...

I R unsure now.

Yup that would be the plan, but id still need to buy a car as it's replacement and then I would have spent another £2,940 (14 monthly payments left on the deal) on paying for the 200.

So bail out now and pay £300 to have the right to start afresh and get hold of what seems to be a good Mk2, or carry on for the year and have to pay out this time next year?

Bail now. £300 isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme of things.

Carrying on for another 14months for the sake of it seems pointless.

That's what im thinking. Ill look at the £300 as an 'early settlement' figure ;) and then ill be back where I want to be... In a cheap, s**t Clio shed.

Gray-dizzle and I are going to view the car on Monday. :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Tried other dealers?

Or even R.Sport on here? I'm sure he'd be interested in a mint, less than a year old 200.

Ive tried my 2 local ones. Rsport didn't really want it, isn't the spec that he looks for unfortunately.

Might give derby one a call tomorrow to see if they'll thrash out a deal, but the price I have been offered is very good for a dealer tbh.