ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of upgrading 182 Exhaust Manifold

Clio 220 lpg
Doe's anyone know where to get a S1600 exhaust copy, think this would be the best Exhaust manifold For a Clio 172 or would a R3 Clio manifold fit ? May need to alter the Shell's Exhaust tunnel.

Clio 220 lpg
Yes seen The Pure one it looks good just don't want the pipes coming up that high, I can see why they have done it, just I would rather tuck them under the car. Mark Fish will look into that.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Doe's anyone know where to get a S1600 exhaust copy, think this would be the best Exhaust manifold For a Clio 172 or would a R3 Clio manifold fit ? May need to alter the Shell's Exhaust tunnel.
I think you'd struggle to fit the R3 manifold mate due to space confinements. They're a 4-2-1 with really long primaries and they don't look like they follow the same path as a 1*2 manifold. They're serious £££££ to buy as well unfortunately. Possibly your best option is to buy a 2nd hand 197 exhaust manifold and see if you can fit that without serious body mods, or failing that, offer one up to a 182 manifold and see how close it looks before you jump in and buy the R3 version. Nice bits of kit though all the same.

Clio 220 lpg
I had a 197 manifold and it didn't look any better than a 182 one, so I would like a proper race manifold, space not a problem I can alter the exhaust tunnel.

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
If you have ITBs ours will fit straight on with no cutting of bodywork etc. We spent a day with plumbing pipe to get the primaries to fit so that you can now just bolt it straight on!!
We've done the hard work so you don't have to! (I've heard that somewhere before I think?)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I had a 197 manifold and it didn't look any better than a 182 one, so I would like a proper race manifold, space not a problem I can alter the exhaust tunnel.
Do a google image search for R3 exhaust manifold mate and you'll see what I'm getting at. It looks night and day different to the original 197 manifold. It's a proper race spec bit of kit. So is the pms one.