ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Third time lucky

Lee

BMW M2C

Of course not, this is Renault we are talking about.

The car went in for the 3rd time today to get the knocking from the front done and the 3 beeps when setting the alarm after closing the door. They also took at a look at the exhaust for me.

And out of those 3 things they fixed exactly none of them.

Apparently they couldnt hear the noise even though its very obvious. They said the RTE wasnt even in today so I couldnt show him what I meant!!!

They couldnt get the alarm to beep either, so thats obviously a figment of my imagination.

And as for the exhaust....as to be expected. Its covered 8.5k and needs a new centre sections.

What a class act.

I love the 182 A LOT, more than I ever did the 172 but between the car and the dealers I dont think any other car Ive ever owned has tried so hard to f**k me right off.

My old Ford Focus company car covered 56k miles in 2 and a half years. Thrashed hard all the time and never once had a thing go wrong. Thats what I expect from my cars!!!

*and breath*

Lee

Volvo S60 T5

To fix the alarm fault they will need to contact Cobra, the fault is known and there is a solution for it.

As to knocking from front loads of stuff it could be, but a tech note has been released about this today.

Lee

BMW M2C

The last two times it went in Mike they kept the car all day each time as they were talking with Cobra via email apparently. Not that it helped.

Yes Paul, its on order so theres another trip to the dealers.

Boz

Arctic 182

Mines also developed the knocking from the drivers footwell on overrun in 1st and 2nd. Mike, has the tech note got a number that we can let the dealer know when we all take our knocking 182s in? Your help would be much appreciated.

Andy

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 02 December 2004
The last two times it went in Mike they kept the car all day each time as they were talking with Cobra via email apparently. Not that it helped.

Yes Paul, its on order so theres another trip to the dealers.

Lee you go to Reno Bham right? I went in with the 3 beep problem in the first week of ownership and they fixed it :confused:

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 02 December 2004

Of course not, this is Renault we are talking about.

The car went in for the 3rd time today to get the knocking from the front done and the 3 beeps when setting the alarm after closing the door. They also took at a look at the exhaust for me.

And out of those 3 things they fixed exactly none of them.

Apparently they couldnt hear the noise even though its very obvious. They said the RTE wasnt even in today so I couldnt show him what I meant!!!

They couldnt get the alarm to beep either, so thats obviously a figment of my imagination.

And as for the exhaust....as to be expected. Its covered 8.5k and needs a new centre sections.

What a class act.

I love the 182 A LOT, more than I ever did the 172 but between the car and the dealers I dont think any other car Ive ever owned has tried so hard to f**k me right off.

My old Ford Focus company car covered 56k miles in 2 and a half years. Thrashed hard all the time and never once had a thing go wrong. Thats what I expect from my cars!!!

*and breath*

Lee

:D;)

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 02 December 2004
whats wrong with your exhaust ???,

Give it time... Common fault with the centre section baffles breaking down. About to have my fifth replacement (owned 2 172s)

Lee

BMW M2C

I took it to Sutton Park. Ive always used them as I get on well with the service staff Ive been there so often. Pity the mechanics cant get it right.

BozM, that sounds the same as mine. Its more of a something is lose and knocking against the engine bay, rather then a large mechanical clunk.

182Blue, as with quite a few others on here Ive got a vibration from the centre section when starting it up, then once warmed up around 3.5 - 4k rpm it resonates. Its not too bad and sounds quite meaty at the moment, but it can only get worse. They are ordering a new one in and will let me know when its done.

I may pop back to Renault Birmingham next time, see how they get on.

172 Cup

Lee you know what Ive always said about Sutton Park. See my thread in Dealerships about Wolverhampton.

Arctic Blue 182

Great, My 182 goes in for the SECOND time re: the knocking sound during decceleration etc, on the 11th Dec.

After what Lee has said Im not very optimistic at all about getting mine sorted then.

Its so easy for dealer mechanics to just say, "Nah, we couldnt hear it, or make it do it", just to shift another car out of the garage. Its annoying, when the sound is so blatantly obvious, and mine is getting worse and more frequent.

Reno dealers, WHY?

i have the notorious knocking sound i took it to the garage where they kept it all day then told me at ten to five that parts had to be ordered and to book it in again in a couple of weeks. naa i am keeping your hire car till it is fixed surprisingly they tried to fix it by lunch time the next day.

got the car back traffic from the garage so could not open it up till i was out of chester and what do i find but the knocking is still there and it now happens in 3rd which it never used to. they said they had changed the engine mounts and a strut brace thing whcih were broken.

What i cant understand is that they took it for a drive after they had fixed it and heard nothing. it is so obvious were they deaf!! now got to take it back on the 13th is there anyway i can complain and actually get through to someone not just a muppet on the front desk who doesnt really care.

Black 182 + Recaros

You need to go out for a test drive with the mechanic thats gonna work on it. Thats what I do. Then you can go back to the same guy afterwards and speak to him (or he can speak to you). My problems tend to get fixed better this way.

172, Tiguan

Ah the trials and tribulations of Renault Service departments. Been through all of this, got fed up, gave up, living with the knocks/creaks/bangs.

7.6cc :D

You see! mine might be a 3 year old, imported 172 with dodgy paintwork, but its never been into Renault for anything other than a service :D

*touches wood*

Yaris Hybrid

So does anyone want to take dave182s crown away?

Id like to know how many 182 owners with more than a few k on the clock havent got this knocking?

How many with the knocking got it fixed? I just cannot believe that there isnt a dead cert fix for such a common problem.

I am really thinking about leaving it but if the exhaust is hitting something I dont want to find this causes further problems down the line that are not covered by warranty....

Lee

BMW M2C

If I had any more holiday left this year Id take it to Renault Wolverhampton, the lad I know who got me the F&F works there so I might see if he fancies sorting me out another one.

I usually wait until I cant put up with the faults, which is why I waited for the exhaust to go too. At least they found something wrong.

Jill, you are now doomed. Daz bragged to me the other day that my new 182 is less reliable than his Williams 2. The next day his clutch cable snapped. As I said to Daz, at least mine was always drivable. LOL

toy pop my 182 doesnt suffer from the knocking problem

that said im not sure about the centre section of the exhaust sounds slightly different but to be honest i think its just me looking for it

Black 182 + Recaros

Doesnt this problem appear after so many miles ? My 172 was fine when I first purchased it. I cant remember how many miles I did before the noises started. Was after 6 months or so.

Are people getting this from brand new 182s ?

Fiesta ST

I got the Xmas lights

I got knocking on full lock

I got a rattle on exhausts

Alarm beeps 3 times

Had the car a week :)

Yaris Hybrid

My knocking started after 600 miles at most. I swear there is some rattling/blowing or something from my exhaust - as I get to about 4k I get this funny sound that sounds too metallic to be induction but is on the left though where as the knocking is down in my footwell.

Black 182 + Recaros

Toypop-

"knocking is down in my footwell"

I have a problem with the clutch pedal. It rattles/ vibrates/ knocks (delete as appropriate).

Have been told the bushes on the pedal need replacing. Try moving/shaking the pedal with your hand and see if you hear anything. You shouldnt.

Black 182 + Recaros

Mike172sport -

"....has the tech note got a number that we can let the dealer know when we all take our knocking 182s in?..."

Did you manage to get a tech note number ?

Yaris Hybrid

When I say footwell I mean its in that direction. Its kind down by the right front wheel but not from the wheel, more in towards the engine.

Havent had any clutch trouble yet but I have only done 1200 miles. I am sure I will get it sometime. I seem to gradually be getting all the other problems I have read about on here.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ok i MIGHT have the highest milage 182 in the club

(19,000 ish miles)

Faults so far.

Center section f**ked (easy fix throw the whole exhaust away)
Toxic warning light flashes 3 times every 500 miles. (suspected missfire but its going back in again to get sorted)
Brake switch f**ked (easy fix take it to someone who knows what they are doing)
Rattling engine cover (chuck it in the bin its useless)
new steering wheel (rubber grips died)
And thats it. no knocks no rattles niothing.

RENAULT STILL Need to provide me with the electric window switch surround and the rear speaker grille that were broken on delivery.

9 months on back order is unacceptable.