ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This induction kit worth the money?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Waaaaaaay too much money.

A K&N will sound better, £80. Neither will make you go faster though.

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
daniel is right, u wont get any performance rly with an air filter just better noise. get a pipercross or k&n. ebay will b a gd start!!

Ph1
Dont bother with a K&N, you'll lose power. (open IK)

Also dont bother with a second hand Viper imo. They dont have the best build in the world and it might have been glued as the foam tares with age. (my experience)

Folk dont like induction kits because theres no 'on paper gains'. Theres more to it than that though ;)

Clio 182
Dont bother with a K&N, you'll lose power. (open IK)

Also dont bother with a second hand Viper imo. They dont have the best build in the world and it might have been glued as the foam tares with age. (my experience)

Folk dont like induction kits because theres no 'on paper gains'. Theres more to it than that though ;)

So you are saying that we keep it as the original better?!

03 RS clio 172 flameR
yep, orginal setup, get on the same website, and get the ktec pannel filter or itg pannel, renault have set up the intake quite good for the clios, replace the standard pannel and prehaps enhance the cold air feeds!

Ph1
So you are saying that we keep it as the original better?!

No id say buy one but do some research and set it up propely. Stock air box and this V6 thing are over rated.
The ph2 square design dosent exactly hinder its book performance figures vs the ph1's cylinder / V6 item

ClioSport 172 Cup
The best affordable setup as per the 'Cup Race cars' appears to be a filter directly off the throttle body(i.e. eliminating all pipes and bends) + cold fed. But of course this requires you to relocate battery and ECU to be effective.