ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This laptop any good?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm not buying a MAC, end of.

£450 is my ideal range, alll it does is go on the net really. With the ocassional bit of video editing from a bullet cam, it's the grapics card i was looking at on that samsung.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
www.dell.co.uk/offers and www.dell.co.uk/tv - everyone says there s**t but I work in an IT support company and we use dell everything as they are pritty good when it comes to support.

They only people that say they are s**t are people who have never owned them or don't know jack about computers.

I work in I.T. and dell stuff has been top notch. Some of their older laptops where a bit ghey though but they were still reliable.

Octy VRS
Yep, buy a Dell. Mine's a lot sturdier and quieter than my Vaio that is the same age.

RIP Dan
Got my father in law an Inspiron the other week, great bit of kit. Nice looking, quick and cheap. I shopped around and Dell came in with the best deal.

I use a dell laptop which my work provide me with and never have issues tbh.

Their backup is a pain in the butt at times though when I have had to use it as call centres are India based alot of the time.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Their lower tech support is india based, once you get past them though their proper tech support is top notch. Helps if you have some direct dial numbers ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking for a laptop in the next month and never really thought of Dell till now.

Missed out on a ferrari one on here last year. £350 was 6 months old and gorgeous.

A4 Avant
I've owned 2 Dell laptops and bought 1 for a friend. All 3 have been perfect and for the price I struggled to find anything better.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers nigel I know other laptops look a lot more stylish ect... but I just want a solid quick laptop nothing special.
WI-FI with good surfing, quick at processing ect... run fm09+ Nothing special.
Is ram more about being quicker than the processor is?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Spec a laptop with 4GB RAM and a good processor and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking at £400 max tbh, but could maybe stretch to that.

Nothing cheaper that's similar?

Octy VRS
Dell Vostro. Basically the business wing of Dell. More sturdy than the Inspirons. All you need to give is your name as a business name. They work out cheaper all in all.