ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This will reveal the age of some gamers on here - if you remember this!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I remember my m8 having one of these consoles. We would have been about 7 or 8 years old when he had this. It's a Philips Videopac system - from about '81, iirc.

Makes me feel kinda old - lol.

690px-Videopac-pete-screen-800px.jpg

Amazing kit in its day.... :cool:

D.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I don't remember the one you posted... :(

I had one of these though...

[IMGO]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/Atari_5200_-_trojandan_14871272.jpg[/IMGO]

and this!!

[IMGO]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Commodore64.jpg[/IMGO]

wait 2 hours for a game to load and then it crashes!!! what a way to spend saturday morning lol

Bumder With A Buffer
LOL I had one of these and it was similar to the Atari.. wait 2 hours then it crashes :(

sinclair-spectrum.jpg

Gotta love the sound of the load screens!

[YOUTUBE]FdfJhTle8fg[/YOUTUBE]

White clique
we had an Amstrad CPC464 green screen, cassette tape games i remember include Roland on the Ropes, Roland in the Caves, Harrier Attack, Animal Vegatable Mineral, Biggles..... i loved that console.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
flol @ the load screens...

my mate had a spectrum too. then one xmas we found this in his garage!!! happy days where had!!!!

batmanpack.jpg

M2 Competition

my mate had a spectrum too. then one xmas we found this in his garage!!! happy days where had!!!!

batmanpack.jpg

Ha ha, we had one of those. Remember many a day spent playing lotus turbo challenge 2.

It followed this...

DVC01777.JPG

Commodore 16, was a classic.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't remember the one you posted... :(

I had one of these though...

[imgo]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/Atari_5200_-_trojandan_14871272.jpg[/imgo]

^^^^ - ah, you had the deluxe version. We had the mere 2600 system before that. :)

batmanpack.jpg

^^^^ - I remember getting that for a combo birthday & Chrissy present one year. Thought it was brilliant. I can even remember those games on the left-side that came with it. Batman on the keyboard (obviously), then EA's F-18 Interceptor and New Zealand Story above that. Christ, I'm sad. :eek:

As for loading times - I remember waiting approx 15 minutes for F-19 Stealth Fighter to load up on the C-64 tape. Take off, fly a few minutes and then get nailed by an enemy MiG. Rewind tape and retry. Were we ever that patient??!

D.

M2 Competition
New zealand story was mint!

The noise of the little bow and arrow was hypnotising... duw duw duw duw duw :D

Black 172...KN53EL*
We had a grandstand game - it was from the late 70s / early 80s, it had 2 paddles that slid off the side, and also had a light gun. It had a knob that you turned to select the games - skeet and tennis are the only two I can remember. I've had a look for pics of the one we used to have but can't find the exact one.

This was then followed by speccies, an atari 2600 and various other computers. I loved my 48K spectrum :)

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
we had an Amstrad CPC464 green screen, cassette tape games i remember include Roland on the Ropes, Roland in the Caves, Harrier Attack, Animal Vegatable Mineral, Biggles..... i loved that console.

Oh god I had one of those, it was mega s**t

But I loved harrier attack.

Also had a spectrum 128k and an amiga a600

They were all gash but I have fond memories of them all :D

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Damn you lot were spoilt, i had a BBC micro A + B, chuckie egg FTW, anywhere i could get chuckie egg?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
We had a grandstand game - it was from the late 70s / early 80s, it had 2 paddles that slid off the side, and also had a light gun. It had a knob that you turned to select the games - skeet and tennis are the only two I can remember. I've had a look for pics of the one we used to have but can't find the exact one.

This was then followed by speccies, an atari 2600 and various other computers. I loved my 48K spectrum :)

I 'think' I remember that. We did have something before the Atari and I remember the name 'Grandstand' and the games being inbuilt into it. Probably the same bit of kit, then?

D.

clio 182 black /gold
I had the Atari 2600. I have a 48K in the loft next to my Amiga 500 and Xbox. Oh i have a playstation 1.

clio 182 black /gold
Oh there is a tornament 10 at my dads. It wasout before the the posh and modern Atari 2600.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
lol your stuff looked a bit high end compared to mine, i think my pops paid 1k for it i think, I had a football manager game aswell, Jesper Olsed + Linekar FTW

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol your stuff looked a bit high end compared to mine, i think my pops paid 1k for it i think, I had a football manager game aswell, Jesper Olsed + Linekar FTW

:) - I remember asking my dad to drop me off at my m8's house on the night he got his BBC Micro. He phoned saying that he had some 'cool' games on it like Hunchback, Frak! and Granny's Garden - rofl!

But I got the usual parent-to-kid comment....... 'You can't, its too late and you've got school in the morning'.

Arrggh!!! ;)

D.

A4 Avant

I've still got my Amstrad cpc464. Guzzler was a great game! Also had a james bond game, think it was a view to a kill, the cave bit was cool.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^ - ah, you had the deluxe version. We had the mere 2600 system before that. :)

2600, 5200, but I had a...

a275.jpg

I say had, but it's about 2ft behind me as I still have it to this day, fully boxed with all my original games, instructions etc and working as well as it ever did (including the light gun which you need to compensate 2in to the right for!). Backwards compatible with all 2600 games as well, not even a PS3 has that kind of functionality ;)

bro and i made do with Grandstand's Astrowars and Firefox until dad thought he'd buy a Spectrum (largely only because he thought he'd be able to learn basic and use it as some sort of.. 'personal computer'. the idiot). gaming commenced shortly afterwards. tape azimuth adjustment sucks.

happy days!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

2600, 5200, but I had a...

a275.jpg

I say had, but it's about 2ft behind me as I still have it to this day, fully boxed with all my original games, instructions etc and working as well as it ever did (including the light gun which you need to compensate 2in to the right for!). Backwards compatible with all 2600 games as well, not even a PS3 has that kind of functionality ;)

Those joysticks have ledge status - I used one of those on my C-64 for years afterwards!

D.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
i had one of these

Mach_-_Toshiba_MSX_Boxed.jpg

I had one of these! Was really my dads though. Think I had zelda and minator (??).

I never understood how it works, I tried copying the tapes to minidisc to keep forever lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
  133, 182, Kangoo 182
First console I ever played was NES, followed by Sega Saturn and then started on the Playstations.

So glad I didn't have to use any of this cr*p lol.