ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thorpe Park - Uncared for Blue V6 - V6 WAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
  SQ5
Looked in terrible condition all around :(

Overspray on wheels, grilles painted silver then black again and stonechipped, cracked front bumper.

uge5ageb.jpg

SQ5
I don't think I could, the wheels looked really bad, blue overspray all in the spokes.

Fair enough the bumper having a crack but the grilles looked terrible.

I'd love to buy it for about £7-8k and spend £2-4k making it mint!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I don't think I could, the wheels looked really bad, blue overspray all in the spokes.

Fair enough the bumper having a crack but the grilles looked terrible.

I'd love to buy it for about £7-8k and spend £2-4k making it mint!

I would sooner buy it with a blown engine and put a decent one in it, lol

230 clio v6
I like it this way as long as its nothing major..... the best way if you wanna get one cheap ;-) then mint it for a few grand.....

SQ5
I would Imagine mechanical maintenance properly wasn't up to scratch judging by the state of the insides and outsides!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I would Imagine mechanical maintenance properly wasn't up to scratch judging by the state of the insides and outsides!

Why? my BMW looks a shed at times but is always looked after mechanically, like quite a few cars on here I'd imagine.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Why? my BMW looks a shed at times but is always looked after mechanically, like quite a few cars on here I'd imagine.

Agreed, the polishing brigade dont normally know the first thing about proper maintenance of the actual mechanical bits of the car itself rather than the paint and trim from what Ive seen.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
For me signs for of car that's not looked after are bald tyres (or tyres that are way too low on pressure) and kerbed wheels.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
For me signs for of car that's not looked after are bald tyres (or tyres that are way too low on pressure) and kerbed wheels.

Strange way of looking at it, we have a dozen sets of wheels, some with low tyres and some with kerb marks and some with mint new tyres, so doesnt mean our car keeps swapping between cared for or not just cause we change them? lol

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Hey, my car is well maintained! both of them are, its just an added bonus that i like to keep them clean!

Nothing at the mo :(
Our fiesta is never cleaned inside or out, but its kept in perfect worthink condition.. looks can fool you

yes take my cup 4 e.g it used to have a huge crease in the rear quarter etc.. went to a RR day last year and mine was the proper shed looking thing there filthy but its NEVER missed a service interval.. pfft looks mean nothing to me

LY 200
Same as a fair few others to be honest!

My car only gets cleaned when somebody at work does it for me but i still always treat it to the best where servicing, fuelling, tyres etc are concerned!

Dirty car doesn't mean not cared for. Car cleanings a chore for me.

SQ5
Think we're going to dirty car here which isn't what I was saying. The fact the wheels had blue overspray all over and the front bumper being cracked showed that it had obviously been repaired at some point, the inside was full of rubbish too.

I never said it was uncared because it was dirty, just looked in a sorry state compared to most!

SQ5
They clearly do use it, for off roading, practicing spraying with out masking up and how to make a complete mess of an interior yes.

I use mine and don't polish the s**t out of it like most others and it doesn't have bodged paint jobs and cracks all over it.
yeah but yours is a trophy im on about the Vee's as people seem to go on like its a ferrari at times but at the end of the day its still only a clio. nice to see 1 being used obviously regularly also maybe not so nice that its a dog but meh body works body work to me. just look at mine from the RR day last year which iirc you were there mine was filthy and batterd and pulled 2nd highest power to yours at 182bhp

Clio RS200
Our fiesta is never cleaned inside or out, but its kept in perfect worthink condition.. looks can fool you

They can but most people are never going to buy a cosmetically poor condition car, no matter how well its been looked after mechanically.

My housemate has a Black Corsa and the bodywork is a state, even after I took 5 hours to detail it for him.
He reckons he is going to get 3 grand for it.....he wont get £300 for it because the bodywork is in such shoddy condition.

If im looking to buy a car, I would always pick one which has clearly been looked after both cosmetically and mechanically than just one or the other.

The odd stone chip and alloy mark is inevitible but letting the car look a state with dinks, scratches, swirls, overspray etc will not help sell a car.

Unless you plan to keep it forever, the few quid it costs to keep it clean and tidy, will make a huge difference when it comes to selling it in future.

Car sales are generally about looks for 98% of the population.

SQ5
I guess that was from before as the grilles had been sprayed badly and stone chipped so silver was showing through.

#wip v6
Why nobody asked me if I had a nice day with ex at Thorpe park lol, you know if I put a new front number on every time a speed bump took a bite out of it I would be f****d think the green eyed monsters krept in with the slating just needs wheels reconditioning I bought it with the wheels back sprayed in blue dunno who did it sick people it's on the 2 do list but at the end of the day my ride is fat n if you thought it was filthy in the picture it's cos it was a 5 hour blat on the motorway anyways compared to the driver it's sqeeky clean lol ;P

#wip v6
The v6 waw factor at full crack it's like small war coming down the road f hilarious makes me laugh every time I drive it ... perfect =)

Status
Not open for further replies.