ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thought you guys might like this.. (V6 255 V's ITR)

Elise/VX220/R26
Vtec Abuser said:
Bit different I suppose. Just wish i still had my CTR to compare. As that was identical to that ITR in the same test. Great cars the V6. Just could do with being a bit quicker really for the money. Lad who owned it has changed it now for the New GTi Golf. Think he regrets it a bit though...LOL
There's going to be another vid coming soon, with a load of us doing some more comparisons...
Cars included...
LCR (Revo'd)
Megane 225
Clio Trophy
Golf GTI (new)
ITR Again
and maybe another 182..
Watch this space...

where you getting your meg from m8 do you know someone with one? Get them over to meganesport.net if you do ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i enjoyed that vid. look forward to anymore that are produced.

Nippy white cup
Nice Vid Ben...how you doing...pity you don`t do these tests nearer to me.....sounds like a good night to me!

Chris

Golf GTI Ed30
I'm fine thanks mate. Baby looks a real cutie fella, congrats on that by the way.
Yeah shame we're not a bit closer really. Just have to get my ass to York soon I reckon. There a 13 sec 1/4 mile time there with my name on it... LOL

Vtec Abuser said:
Bit different I suppose. Just wish i still had my CTR to compare. As that was identical to that ITR in the same test. Great cars the V6. Just could do with being a bit quicker really for the money. Lad who owned it has changed it now for the New GTi Golf. Think he regrets it a bit though...LOL
There's going to be another vid coming soon, with a load of us doing some more comparisons...
Cars included...
LCR (Revo'd)
Megane 225
Clio Trophy
Golf GTI (new)
ITR Again
and maybe another 182..
Watch this space...

Can't wait for these....

Its ok mate sorted it now, i got the divx one cheers

Vtec Abuser said:
No mate, standard. To be fair if you watch the vid closely, you notice the RS got a big jump on the Teg in that clip, plus ITR was 2 up and RS only driver. Normal conditions the ITR pulls past the RS quite cleanly, you can see that on the vid, when he gets going. Mate's got rid of the RS now (Picks his Trophy up today) as it just wasn't all that. Lovely car and looks stunning, but it was returning less mpg than my chipped LCR and was slower than his standard CTR that he had before the RS. Just wasn't worth paying out for all that fuel and not being as quick as thought...
Standard RS aint upto my is it, there is a modded (chipped definatly not sure about zorst) thats lives in my town and its slightly slower than me on 1/4 mile and I had a play on road and im pretty sure I was eaking on it (he was behind)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
sweet vid that mate, the type of vids i like to see!!

pretty close comparisons between, and the ITR's are bloody quick for what they are too!

I was saving for one, but bought the clio and a work car instead! probably be my next motor tho, or a LCR

Clio 172 Mk2
am i the only one who thought that was sad and childish ? I have no respect or sympathy if someone stacked there motor and killed themselves doing something stupid like that

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
long empty(ish) DC's are better than driving like a loon in 30 and 40 zones and taking corners on the limits of their cars, etc!

whats the point in buying a performance motor if your not going to use it every now and again!

150mph on a public road is f**king stupid drag strips and trackdays are surely the only place for this sort of thing.

I agree with fish thrower but would be more worried about one of these pricks losing control and taking out a car with a family in it.

Clio 172 Mk2
Seeing as the guys reg plate number was clearly visable and audio of the two guys talking, oh, and a clear shot of his face and the speedo just proves how stupid these guys are.

Dont mean to sound like a grandad, but if these were two Novas or Saxos racing, they would get some stick

Clio 172 Mk2
theres speeding and theres racing, two different things. People like that wonders why theres so many speed cameras around :rolleyes:

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I did'nt see any other traffic in the vid..these guys are only risking their own neck...whats the problem. If was filmed on a autobahn would it be acceptable??

Clio 172 Mk2
it was good for the guy in the Clio going round the roundabout again (to loose the other car I guess so he doesn’t get in the way)

A video like that is no different than two chavs racing in Saxos, if a Saxo guy posted a video on that, would you say its "cool"? or is it just "cool" because both of the cars were very quick?

R35 GTR
love the video, hope this doesnt turn into a debate about speed cameras and stuff. dont get me started on that..........

I do speed but it is the shear speed they are travelling at in the dark imagine someone in the inside lane doing 50! The speed difference is massive, they are driving way past there limits.

Golf GTI Ed30
Look, for the lad who is really offended by all this, let me straighten a few things up.
That main blast was taken place when the road was empty and I mean EMPTY. The other two blasts were only gunning it properly and doing illegal speed when traffic was out the way, hense the reason it was done at about 1am. I'm not saying that it was sensible or safe, cause it wasn't particularly. But I still think it was alot safer than having a blast round a few country bends.
But at the end of the day, if you don't like that sort of thing, then why watch it.

R35 GTR
Vtec Abuser said:
Look, for the lad who is really offended by all this, let me straighten a few things up.
That main blast was taken place when the road was empty and I mean EMPTY. The other two blasts were only gunning it properly and doing illegal speed when traffic was out the way, hense the reason it was done at about 1am. I'm not saying that it was sensible or safe, cause it wasn't particularly. But I still think it was alot safer than having a blast round a few country bends.
But at the end of the day, if you don't like that sort of thing, then why watch it.

I agree mate, and country roads can be dangerous night or day.

I watched it because I was interested I have a 182 and am into performance cars. Granted I do drive my car over the speed limit at times and as you mentioned blast down the country lanes on my way back from work (every now and then ;) ).

I just think posting this on a public forum where younger more impressionable drivers are going to be reading and then everyone slapping you on the back saying what a great bunch of blokes you are is bit poor.

All very nice quick cars being driven at the limit but I personally can not condone it on public roads.

MKIII 138
i guess in the end if serial rapists can win 7m on the lottery just before there released and then have tax payer fork out £150,000 a year for protected identity while said person invests serious ammount of money into evil activities then i have no faith in the law.. it sucks.

common sense is always required of course. but i see no problem with that driving in those circumstances as long as it doesnt become a habit.. you only live once and it would be a quick death better than rotting in a bed dieing of cancer 10 yrs later thinkin " i wish i had done more in my life"

Why is doing 60mph round a sweeping country bend any "safer" than driving at 150 in a straight line where you CAN see whats up ahead?

Get off your soap boxes, you've been reading too many 'speed kills' posters. Speed doesnt kill, accidents and bad driving kill. Next time youre "legally" going round a bend at 60mph, take a moment to think what would happen if you met yourself coming the other way on the same side of the road, overtaking a cycllist, at the same speed - 120mph closing speed - Game Over.

So, 150 on a straight empty road with clear visbility as far as the eye can see - OR - braking hard on a bend just before hitting another car head-on? Neither scenario could be called safe, but the illegal one is a site safer than the legal one. Or to put it another way - the limit on a DC is 70mph. It's still 70 when it's snowing with 50 yards visibility.

I have had an indicated 145-150 bannanas (love that phrase) with the shift light on, on an EMPTY M1 racing a WRX (standard) at 05:00 on a Sunday morning. The road was bone dry, straight, conditions were good and we were respectful and kept an empty lane between us. Now I KNOW that was a damn site safer than any B-road blast at any legal speeds you care to mention. The biggest risk was a mechanical failure.

PS I'd love to say I kept with the Scoob inch for inch from 80-140, but that would be a racing tale so we wont go there ;)

My own personal golden rule about these things is - if you dont like it dont read it, and certainly dont download a 20mb video and then bleat on about it. Spanners.

:D

^^ Legally I must admit these guys are playing with fire but fook it. Street racing is cool as long as you dont smoke a pipe. They appear to be sensible enough and their road craft is good - using brake lights to indicate they are backing off - genuinely braking and slowing down when other cars are sharing the road etc.

As I think someone else hinted at - would it be any SAFER on an autobahn just because the laws are different?

Last edited:
  R35 GTR
Too fast Too furious! loved the film, but as long as you know what you're doing, and these guys seem to, then they're much safer than a stupid granny cutting you up at 40 down a DC. Motorways are where the speed isnt/shouldnt be an issue, wtf are there 60 mile limits down country lanes all about?