ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on this TV?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Looking for a tv for the lounge and noticed this one on currys site. ( I get 10% off currys stuff)

Not a bad unit? LED>everything?

RS6 C7
I know nothing, what does HZ mean for a tv?
it's how smooth the picture is, the higher the better really, top of the range samsung LEDs are 800hz I think. My Panasonic plasma is 600hz.

Your best to go in store and actually compare the picture quality of the tv's.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I like how thin LED tv's are!, If I didn't have to buy one for the lounge, bedroom and kitchen I could up spec!

Being that I cant really see the point of HD as i don't think its much better, would I notice the 50hz thing lol?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I like how thin LED tv's are!, If I didn't have to buy one for the lounge, bedroom and kitchen I could up spec!

Being that I cant really see the point of HD as i don't think its much better, would I notice the 50hz thing lol?

Forget the TV, go to specsavers lol

RS6 C7

My plasma is just as thin as my mates led. You should be able to notice the difference in picture quality, hd is a different planet compared to normal stuff. You won't notice until you see decent quality.

Completely agree 50hz is ok but for the lounge but I'd really recommend at least 100hz. We've got a samsung 50hz led tv in the kitchen and its good but when I watch it and then go and watch our 100hz lcd sony the difference is picture quality really is noticable.

I think the samsung tv you're looking at is a great looking tv just a shame its not 100hz.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I would rather have a smoother decent plasma than a bottom of the range led., 50hz is pretty poor.

50hz is the amount of times every second that the picture refreshes, 50hz is the same as the old style box tv's, generally the higher the refresh rate the smoother the picture, so things like football, rugby, snooker etc look smoother. Don't get too hung up on it though as a human eye has a effective refresh rate of 120hz, so realistically your not gonna see a difference after this anyway. Your better off buying a tv based on personal preference that reviews from people as everyone will see the picture differently, one person may see a panasonic as the absolute best picture another may see sony, its the same with sound, go with what your happy with.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
You can get a VT 42 for 6/700 runs rings round that set.
Free-sat HD bonus as well.

1.8 Civic EX
That one looks like a newer model of mine.

Hz is the refresh rate. It's another one of those figures that companies like to bang around, bigger the number the better etc but tbh if you notice a difference between say 100hz and 300hz when watching tv then you probably have hyper sensitive eyes. All manufactures have there own "processing" gizmos within the tv that will artificially increase the hz so double the frame rate if you like.

Also its most likely more than 50hz anyway, when I was looking for one several different sites showed different hz for the same tv.

I use mine for tv, sky hd, blu ray and Xbox and its perfect at all of the above.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
When I bought a TV I just walked in to the shop, watched all of them and bought the one I thought had the best picture. Easy. :D

Bumder With A Buffer
They do a 43 inch Samsung 3d in currys at the minute which i was tempted by. Like that Panasonic one li ked above

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've done a lot of TV research lately - the samsung posted looks ok but its extremely thick. All depends on what you need it for ie gaming, blu rays, SD or HD material. My budget was £500 and the best TV will get for that money is this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004TFDTMS/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Yeah the bezel is a bit ugly but the PQ is stunning - don't be put off by plasma scare stories about screen burn and energy consumption - they simply are not true if you know how the technology works. I'm not bothered about 3D but as a complete package you will not beat it for the money.

Bumder With A Buffer
56mm is thinner then my current one trust me! Its a 4 year old Samsung Plasma and it weighs s**t loads too.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry was talking to the OP. The samsung you posted is only 720p, you'd be mad to buy a tv now thats not 1080p