ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on Turbo bullets?

Hi Guys

Looking into the possibility of having turbo labelled bullets. But not 100% on the idea, what do you think?

14212604580_1a43103dc5_b.jpg
turbobadge test by EvoFq3o0, on Flickr

My photoshop skills are lacking I know but just to get an idea, also and other options you think would look good?

Cheers
Simon

Thanks George182 I'm kind of leaning the same way hence me having the inter cooler powder coated black and not knowing where to hide my boost gauge :S

Might just go for it, have always got the originals if I want to go back.

I must admit I'm not so keen. I was also surprised to see a picture of my car when I opened the thread lol :).

I can see what your trying to do but as said above I think a little bit of stealth is pretty cool.

I remember seeing on the sprayshack bullet thread someone had 2.0 16v and then underneath it said turbo in smaller letters. That look nice because it was a bit more subtle. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I must admit I'm not so keen. I was also surprised to see a picture of my car when I opened the thread lol :).

I can see what your trying to do but as said above I think a little bit of stealth is pretty cool.

I remember seeing on the sprayshack bullet thread someone had 2.0 16v and then underneath it said turbo in smaller letters. That look nice because it was a bit more subtle. I'll see if I can find it for you.

That's Ross's old turbo'd cup. It will be in silver and blue (the bullet) :)

Here's my bullets in anthracite with titanium silver writing. Matches my anthracite wheels and looks a lot better than the standard ones I think.

2966C097-E5A6-4DC6-8862-FADDE8B61F65_zpso7qvhjiz.jpg

F5194D3C-0476-47F3-87CE-F0C122D69394_zps0bfkonzi.jpg

The last photoshop looks pretty good I think.

Whatever style you decide to go for you'll be really pleased with sprayshacks work. The pictures really don't do these justice.

Thanks for your input guys, I think I'll stick with standard until I'm more fixed on a design, Black and red bullets with the 2.0t or 2.0 16v are looking more likely though. If they weren't £40 a pair I'd try a few different one out.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Everyone is just gonna think you've stuck turbo stickers on your standard 182, I really don't see the point.

This is what I'd think if I saw a 182 with the TURBO on the side.

For that reason alone I'd say do it. You'll be along side a Megane 250 or something, they'll be like "LOL". Then you can either do 0-100 in 12s or not. ;)

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
If you're going to do it, do it properly ;) whole stripe down there with the R5 font and everything...

b8182be3.jpg

Monaco
Personally I wouldn't reference the Renault 5 badge for the turbo font - its too much of a retro statement if your going for subtle. Not 100% convinced on the 2.0t idea either as thats not how Renault refer to their turbo engined cars now or of a similar era to your clio (Renaultsport megane). I like the idea but I can't think of a way to implement it nicely.

Its hardly as if the 2.0 16v badge is now false. If it was my car I'd leave it, the proof is in the performance anyway.

Cheers guys, think I'll leave standard for now and when I do change just have the black bullets with red 2.0 16V, part of me does want to put turbo there but it's not subtle. Think someone had just the letters R.S too but can't remember how that looked.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
2.0T is good - or a small turbo works.

I had a very small 'Turbo' printed in the same colour and font as the GT badging on the side strips of my Punto GT. Finished it off quite nicely imo - the 2nd picture you posted with the small lettering looked good!

D.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
From the side strip on the rear panel, right to the bullet get 'boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost!'

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
how about machined aluminium bullets?

so they would be same grey as original ones

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
no my cnc machine is it bits are there is something wrong with the table.

no idea how a bullet is secured in, but the front if dead easy to machine