ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Three Friends One Cup

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Okay, So I'm back in a 182! after owning a Subaru for a year which ended badly.. I needed a cheap and cheerful car while the scoob is off the road.. this time a Titanium FF and so far I'm loving it, it feels more looked after than my last clio, and easily more fun (useable/chuckable) than my Scooby ever was.. Ill start a progress thread for it soon but for this will do for now

Today (1st October 15) Myself, @Filters and @msremmert met up for a little bit of end of summer hoonage and photo opportunity

I had my 182, Filters had his minty mint 172 cup, and Remmert his Very sorted ep3 TypeR, we met at Filters house in Newport where he cooked us some hearty grub before setting off on a little jolly in the cars (Nice one fella!) we began by heading for Chepstow, Tinton? and than back to Newport, not far, but some very lovely scenic roads, which was mostly hindered by traffic so we stopped a few times for pics.. heres a select few photos I took along the way, Hope you all enjoy CnC welcome!

Started at Filters house..
frontcup_zpsoqr5zvhr.jpg

Where he made us some lunch.. very nice to say the least!
Filterscooking_zpsztx3qrxa.jpg

We hit the road, and of course it wouldn't be wales with out the sheep..
DSCF1377_zpsg6ebqbmr.jpg

Traffic was getting annoying so we found somewhere for a break and take a couple of pics - Really like the sun glare on these haha
9a6655b0-9c62-4569-8287-c65a4c6ab48b_zpsbujjqczn.jpg

3e7bceb0-0600-44ae-bb27-1ea42b5e380e_zps1kbuzaas.jpg

5c7da7d0-863a-4b30-9383-81744e0828e3_zpsxw8gohh0.jpg

We had stopped at a pretty cool churchy ruin thing, which made for an awesome back drop!
DSCF1378_zpsgbhs5miu.jpg

DSCF1379_zpsgqnnkxb7.jpg

DSCF1381_zpsyt2ugdgs.jpg

DSCF1382_zps1uhr1uud.jpg

Think this picture below is my favourite of the day:
213938ef-3038-4287-84d0-fda78a7948c5_zpsfqdnuzgw.jpg

Quick close up of the 3 cars
a6e6a847-66a0-44a0-9807-3871df092f61_zpseyh8wqxd.jpg

524f803d-47db-4d79-b870-7d101be53524_zpszzbfhd6s.jpg

65bbd031-763a-4e72-a7bb-72caed2aa400_zpso8lhbpej.jpg

we then headed back towards Filters house, Remmert shot off to catch the end of the rugby so I took a couple pics of the clios side by side and a bay comparison, ignore the over spray from my inlet, I rushed them! ill tidy it up soon haha
7eb1b577-b63a-407d-91d0-8d44b1a071e5_zpsapvrwnao.jpg

f26bf5a4-2e1e-40dd-b785-af485533003b_zpspx7wo5cn.jpg

db160705-c2cb-4ae2-abc7-3f12df3f6e7e_zpsm0cljemn.jpg

DSCF1402_zps8cveun2x.jpg

DSCF1401_zps66xo1iaj.jpg

And that's pretty much it, I took a million more photos, but these were my favourites from the day.. cheers for looking and thanks to Filters and Remmert for an awesome day out :) Roll on the next meet!

Thanks

Looks a nice jaunt. [emoji106]
I would have tagged along but was working.

Cars all look good! Got to see filters cup at weekend for first time and it's a very tidy one!
No doubt see your new one at some time soon dano. [emoji4]

@Dano' that big looking churchy thing was Tintern Abbey! Lolems.

It's even got its own Wikipedia page! :tongueout:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintern_Abbey

Was a fun day out though, glad you made the trip up :smile:
Shamefully I've never actually driven around the Monmouth area so that made a nice change too.
Also was good to hear how utterly ridiculous my Civic sounds from the outside, snarling and gurgling for no good reason lol.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Is the Cup running odd wheels? NSF is different to all the others.

Balls was hoping no one noticed lol, sorry @Filters

Cheers all, I did take more pictures but some of them blurry and others nothing worth posting so these were my top pick of the bunch

Had a great day and a right laugh with these two muppets! Looking forward to meeting up again soon!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Balls was hoping no one noticed lol, sorry @Filters

Cheers all, I did take more pictures but some of them blurry and others nothing worth posting so these were my top pick of the bunch

Had a great day and a right laugh with these two muppets! Looking forward to meeting up again soon!

Don't worry, no ones noticed my ghetto earth strap yet....oops!

LOL! 😂 best air filter mod I've ever seen!
Beautiful thing about that is how well your car ran on track with it facing backwards 😂😂😂😂😂
Lol. Backwards filter ftw.

I suppose it's same thing just I doubt it'd flow as well. I guess whoever on here I bought it off was a bit special?

Gonna put standard airbox on soon unless I source a ph1 box or maybe a ktec system for cheap.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol. Backwards filter ftw.

I suppose it's same thing just I doubt it'd flow as well. I guess whoever on here I bought it off was a bit special?

Gonna put standard airbox on soon unless I source a ph1 box or maybe a ktec system for cheap.

Standard box with a decent filter works a treat tbh chap. ITG come highly recommended...may swap the k&n filter out for one.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
The type R in a straight line.. He's got a few choice mods..

The cup is easily the best handling!

My 182 is bogo standard apart from induction kit and lowering springs.. And I probably had a bigger smile on my face than the other two, I've been driving a 1.4 mg zr (misses') so it's great to be back in something nippy lol

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The type R in a straight line.. He's got a few choice mods..

The cup is easily the best handling!

My 182 is bogo standard apart from induction kit and lowering springs.. And I probably had a bigger smile on my face than the other two, I've been driving a 1.4 mg zr (misses') so it's great to be back in something nippy lol

Fack off 😂 I drove the lawn mower....it's fast but not cup fast....
Cup......182.....Type-R....
IF the type R had better grip....then It may pip the cup off the mark.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Really? That surprises me :blush:

Power to weight + handling adds up bud.

Tintern abbey!

I include it as part of a fun route too :smile:

You kept that one quiet chap, give us a shout next time you're down this way....tinterns only down the road from myself.

This is what it's all about. Friends having fun

And putting cups up each others orifices

There's a video somewhere ;)

Suzuki Jimny
You kept that one quiet chap, give us a shout next time you're down this way....tinterns only down the road from myself.

Will do although won't be until next year now! It's a good ride out on the bike, usk to chepstow, to tintern abbey, then to monmouth and back to usk through the lanes.