ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Three one month sim deals

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
morning all,

Im sat on the web looking to find a new deal for my phone, do anyone recomend 3 or know of any better companys offering sim only 1 month deals?
the one im looking at is £12.90 a month, 200 mins, 5000 texts and unlimited data

Thought id see if anyone had any advice before i go ahead with it

Thanks

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
I don't think you can go wrong at that price.

In the early days, yes 3 had there problems. However I think they are pretty much on par with the other major networks these days.

Yaris Hybrid
That sounds like a very good deal. It blows my 02 deal out of the water although granted I don't even come close to using my 100 mins let alone 200 and the unlimited texts I have are pointless because I use whatsapp etc these days. I however have to pay for an additional data bolt on that only gives me 500mb (I only use half that) but it makes me bill significantly more expensive.

So your minutes are good, 5000 texts doesn't count for much as they know you won't use them but the unlimited data is great if you are a heavy user.

Sounds like a bargain to me although I have found that O2 beats the pants off everyone for coverage with 3 and Orange in particular being dodgy. I left Orange as I had no signal at many local pubs down by the river and my father has 3 and seems to have signal issues all the time.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I have signed up, should get the sim tomorow and have the PAC code reasy to keep my number. Mine was the same, had to pay the extra £5 for the data, total was £22 so will now be saving £9 a month and not have the risk of going over my data allowance.

Audi A5
What about giff gaff?

I think it's £10 for unlimited calls an text and 1gb data for a month.

Plus they use the O2 network so if your phones locked to O2 you wouldn't need to worry about unlocking it.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
looked into that, but head some bad comments about them lately, plus that £10 has gone to £12 i think, thee ae moe of a big time company now.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've recently changed from GiffGaff to three due to constant network issues.

I'm on a 12 month sim only contract, £12.90 a month for; 600 minutes, 5000 texts,1 GB data and 2000 Three to Three minutes.

I've been on this for about 3 months now and they have been spot on, a lot better than what GG was.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I've been on giff gaff for a while. Had no issues bar O2 having their own network issues.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Seb- o2 have gone down hill, thats also part of why i want to leave them, constant issues with calls failing etc.

Have to admit i didnt think about tesco tbh, are they alrite then?

I only wanted a 1 month contract, dont like the feeling knowing im tied in for 12-18 months etc

il have a look on tesco now out of interest and hope i dont find a better deal than i have signed up for, ha!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
just had a look at tesco, ther are some good offers, however 1gb is the max data they have. tbh thats probably enough anyway, but at least with 3 i wont have the worry of going over.

The ideal thing is that you can change whenever you want as you arent tied into a contract for anything over 1 month.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Aslong as you don't go over your minutes they are ok-ish.

I am on a three deal with 200 minutes, due to changing car last month I went over my minutes by just 75 minutes (talking to sellers mainly) and it cost me over £20!

Normally I don't call much so I'm ok, I remember the days of rollover minutes, those were the days.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Aslong as you don't go over your minutes they are ok-ish.

I am on a three deal with 200 minutes, due to changing car last month I went over my minutes by just 75 minutes (talking to sellers mainly) and it cost me over £20!

Normally I don't call much so I'm ok, I remember the days of rollover minutes, those were the days.

the minutes is where i could get cought out, il keep an eye on how many i use and how much data i use as it may be worth moving over to tesco

Audi A5
I pay £10pm on a rolling 1month contract.
500mins
5000texts
1gb data

Not bad but not as much mins an text as giff gaff.

They use the O2 network aswell don't they?

are they on a system where if you exceed your data limits you get charged or you just run out of data?

You can do it either way. When I took out this deal, they asked if I wanted it to be capped so that I could never go over my allowance. I think I'll just get a text to say I'm nearing, not that I've ever got close Tbf.

Audi A5
Ah that's good then. It's one if the main reasons I want a sim only deal like this, I f**king hate seeing I've been charged £10-20 extra some months for something I didn't even know I used.

koi

Audi S1
Contract up next month and don't fancy a new phone so was looking at sim only.

So Giff Gaff and Tesco both use the o2 network, are o2 any good?