ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle bodies help.

182 cup pack

As I said Ive sent an e-mail at Jenvey and here is the answer:

Hello Evangelos

yes our throttle bodies will work with your car but we have not done a
kit for you engine. The best thing to do will be if you can try to find
a weber style manifold then we can supply some TB,TH or even TS
throttle
bodies.
We have just don the first 172 Clio engine and the result on a standard
engine is a rise from 165bhp to 214bhp so the customer is very happy.

Regards

Simon Qustion:What the hell is a weber style manifold?????? Question2:Who is the lucky guy that has 214bhp under his foot?????;);)
No need in answering that....:D

Cheers.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its the adaptor you get from Renault sport

the s1600 one will fit to your car

We have just don the first 172 Clio engine and the result on a standard
engine is a rise from 165bhp to 214bhp so the customer is very happy.

hahahhahaha!

he is very very happy!

Hehehehhe I am :D

And Ill be smiling even more when I get it back sometime this week :D

Oh, simon got one figure wrong though, its 212bhp not 214 LoL (But it does pull 170lb/ft, 150 from about 2750rpm hehehehhe)

182 cup pack

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 10 November 2003

Ok here we are laughing too.The problem is that there is no such thing as Rsport in Greece.And as far as I remember we discussed this matter here before 3 months and we couldnt find a Rsport department nowhere except in Dieppe.Does any1 know a web site?For example Peugeot sport has a site where you can order whatever u want from the boutique.

Where can I get this adaptor,and how much money will it cost???

Anyway Thanks for your answers guys its been a great help..

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Is there anything like this for the 16v. anyone got any infoon power, price where from etc???

Cheers Tom-m

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by GRC79 on 11 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 10 November 2003

Ok here we are laughing too.The problem is that there is no such thing as Rsport in Greece.And as far as I remember we discussed this matter here before 3 months and we couldnt find a Rsport department nowhere except in Dieppe.Does any1 know a web site?For example Peugeot sport has a site where you can order whatever u want from the boutique.

Where can I get this adaptor,and how much money will it cost???

Anyway Thanks for your answers guys its been a great help..

sadly dieppe is the place you need to get this from

(i am assuming that this part is avalible to purchase by the way i dont actually know for sure)

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 11 November 2003

Question for Roamer -

Is it really noticable now you have the extra hp??
172gal, believe me it was noticable. 172s always seem to lack real pull from low revs, but not roamers. It was a neck wrenching ride. You only have to watch the video clips to see how hard it accelerated. Its acceleration is a lot more brutal than a standard 172. I should think Roamers only concern now will be putting that power down, although the roads around Power Engineering were terrible.

The clips are still here: http://www.leemather.plus.com/cliosport/perr111003/videoclips.htmhttp://www.leemather.plus.com/cliosport/perr111003/videoclips.htm

The difference was certainly there to be felt, but Im sure that its 1/4 mile time will really impress. Shame we have to wait until next year to see that. :(

182 cup pack

Guys indeed the 172s lack power at the low-middle revs.

I raced an 172 with BMC cda and he was starting to make difference at the middle of the 3rd gear.My friend with the Rs was impressed,and of course I was impressed too....

At the end of the 3rd gear the difference was not even 1/2 of a car(smaller indeed...)

But the 172s are realy powerfull from 5000 to the end.

If this is fixed by installing throttle bodies,than they worth the money....And since Roamer has 214bhp if I had a clio Rs Id go for it...