ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle body 1.2 8v

Clio 182 FF 2005
ive got a mk1 1.2 8v, diet 7 engine (i think/thereabouts) and does any1 know if u can fit the laguna spi 1.8 throttle body on it? tried searching the forums etc its always for the 1.4 RT version but a few people said u can do it to the 1.2, any1 know anything about it? thanks

FRST and 106 GTi
you can do it since the inlet manifold of the 1.2 is the same of the 1.4 RT.

You should have your ecu chiped for this. I think that hill power can sort it out for you.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Why?

People find a some great ways of spending huge amounts of money for tiny power gains!

Chocolate Bar™
^ agree with that really, although i cant really comment lol although if its cheap and you can do the work, why not :)

ph1-mk1-1.4, white
Its cheap, go to your local scrappies!

It doesnt do too much, appart from make the car sound louder... or so i have heard!

S2000
Maxx said:
The throttle body from the spi Laguna engine will not fit as the diet engine is an mpi.

As maxx says, it will not fit. If you had a 1.2 energy then it would fit with a little work as it would be the same as a 1.4 RT inlet, but the diet engine is totally different.

Clio 182 FF 2005
yea i just looked at me engine and realised its mpi, is there no mpi throttle body that'll fit it? well obviously not or i would of heard about it methinks, thanks anyway