ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Travel

Cup 172

Noticed the other day that when the pedal is to the floor, if I push it a bit more it clicks through a bit further, a bit like a switch...

Whats that all about???

VaVa

Its the kirchoffs flux capacitor unit. Its how to extract those last few horse power.......

Or it could be a piece of plastic only used on models with Cruise control as part of the kickdown to disengage.... and absolutley pointless on your Cup.;)

Cup 172

Nice. Im hoping for the first one. Maybe if I hit 88 MPH (on a derestricted airfield of course), I will find myself running from Biff on a hoverboard...

Its to disengage the speed limiter. Cruise is cancelled by any slight pedal press. The limiter can also be cancelled with the 0 button the wheel, as can the cruise.

my 172 does this too, pretty annoying. i reakoned that the last bit of movement after the click doesnt give me any more throttle so i just wound out that plastic bump stop in the floor under the pedal to no let it move that far. no loss of power but no click either....

Some of you guys must have heavy feet. You have to mash it to the floor for the click to activate. At least you do in mine (182Quick)