ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time for a new car I think...

1.2 16v Dynamique
Well...my car needs a new clutch, it's misfiring and shuddering like hell, total loss of power with no acceleration, engine management light comes on and off and the mileage is 122k. It will be a shame to go because the bodywork and interior is in mint condition (1.2 dynamique). I will be getting another 1.2 because of the insurance at age 17. I don't think there is any point in repairing it as it's not worth it.

Been looking at this
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201301104855937

It's one second faster than my current car being a "sport" version LOL, but the mileage is 58k which is great! interior is a bit dirty but will give it a good clean, i love the phase 1 which is why I like this car. Gunna give it a good checking out tomorrow or monday/tuesday when i get time to go to the dealership. what you guys think about it? cheers for looking!

Last edited:
  BG DCI
Maybe consider something more insurance friendly.

Heard people say the clio's and corsa's are more expensive than their larger counterparts...

Maybe a thought if your looking to move to something else..

1.2 16v Dynamique
yeah that is something to consider, i just don't know if i could drive something that isn't a clio now haha! love them!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks like a farmers owned it, look at the state of that footwell!!

Titanium 182
Wouldnt bother if I was you mate, I went to this place last week and they're all s**t the cars that are there. Yoou'd be better off looking around a bit more.

LY FF182
I'd just fix the car you have if the body work is so mint! Do it yourself and learn how to repair your own car while you're at it. Can't be that expensive to fix

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Is this just an excuse to change?

Going to spend £690 by purchasing a 13 year old Clio with a history you won't be familiar with, parts you don't know if they have replaced to 'save on' changing a clutch etc.

BG Clio 182 FF
I'd just keep what you have - after all you know what needs doing. The new car might be "faster" but it could also need work. People usually sell cars at that price point for a reason rather than keep them.

Echoing as above - if you have a mint car, that might jsut need new sparks/coils/leads, then they are a CHEAP fix. And a clutch won't really be all that expensive, much less than the 700 odd that costs, plus the mystery-history it'll have. Plus it's filthy as hell inside! Mine's the same age, gets daily use and still doesn't have that much filth inside it! (does have a self-washing feature though that's also a handy sunroof in the summer)