ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time Lapse - Sunset of Gloucester

My first proper time lapse video.

When I get home I'll finish my blog post about it, with the set-up etc

[video=vimeo;23681113]http://vimeo.com/23681113[/video]

Pretty lucky I got a good sunset for once, so very happy with it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Great video there. Liked the traffic towards the end too.
Had this playing in the background and it went pretty well with it imo
[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/mathmatics/cortisol-beat-interlude[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely amazing mate, that video was very special.

That's what I was talking about the other day with your last one!

So so good dude! Well played. Love the rays of sun shining through!

Absolutely amazing mate, that video was very special.

That's what I was talking about the other day with your last one!

So so good dude! Well played. Love the rays of sun shining through!

Yeh me too! They were happening when I arrived and I was worried they'd stop after I set everything up. I'm crap at naming things too, so that's why the video has that title lol!

I wasn't going to go out that night, I was leaving it for tonight so I could stay out later. Not very often when I do a sunset shoot do I actually get a nice sunset!!

BG 182
Very impressive! Lucky with the clouds disappearing at the end, gives it a nice effect with the lights down below. Just bought myself a Tamron 17-50mm so might try something like this to see how it performs!

Yes very lucky! You can just about see the stars rotating too, I need to learn how to properly transition from dusk to full night, that's the challenge.

In principle, very easy to do, especially a normal daytime video, where the light doesn't change that much.

BG 182
Yeah I can imagine exposures are an issue, what intervals did you use? Just noticed a plane going past at about 0:33 on the left hand side, looks like a shooting star!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Fantastic stuff Dan. The way the clouds disappear at the end is perfect!

I for one will definately be checking your blog, interested to see how it's done!

That's incredible Dan, can't believe how lucky you got with the clouds parting at the end as well. The amount of cloud cover is pretty much perfect throughout.

Exposure looks spot on, must have been quite challenging with the massive variety of light conditions.

Fiesta ST-3
Great Dan, could to with some music. Just out of interest how did you cure the boredom? I'm going out tonight for more trails.

Here's some photos from the evening. I had my D3 with GND filters to hand, but everything was shot handheld :(

Fekking chuffed with them if I'm honest, wicked sunset!!

DSC7844.jpg

DSC7864.jpg

DSC7871.jpg

DSC7880.jpg

DSC7889.jpg

DSC7892.jpg

I can't pick a favourite! Although I love the lighting in 3.

BTW......These are NOT HDR. 3 stop GND filter is creating the moody dark sky.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting read Dan.

It's scary to think how many shots people take to get a few minutes of video!

I'm guessing it would soon take it's toll on the shutter after doing a fair few of these time lapses.

172 Race Car
Great Dan, could to with some music. Just out of interest how did you cure the boredom? I'm going out tonight for more trails.
the area is a dogging site, what do you think he did? ;)

Dan, Looks great mate. Finished my tiling btw, Lol

There needs to be an official time lapse thread with so many people attempting them. Is it really that bad for the camera if your taking 1000 shots within say an hour?

I don't think it's bad for the camera in the short term at all. But if you go out and do this a lot, you could easily take 10,000 photos in a week or so. For many cameras, thats 10% of the shutters total life!!