ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tints what do u think

Hello people we are thinking about tinting the windows on our 172 mainly for our baby boy stop the sun on his face etc etc and at least I can through the winnie the poo sun shade away unless anybody wants it?
The question is what shade to go for i.e. same all round or light smoke at front darker at the back any thoughts info appreciated

Richard and paula

silver valver/hybrid

i would go for a smoked look all round, dark tints attract coppers, and different tints on different windows looks odd if you ask me. This chap i knew had tints so dark he had to wind the window down at junctions cus he couldnt see a thing!

black out looks nice but yeah does attract attention. get the darkest u can legally have on ya front windows all round.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Get light smoke all round. I did. I was advised that because the Clio is such a small car and the interior on mine (Mk1 172) is quite dark, dark smoke would look more like blackout. Im very pleased with light smoke.

BMW 320d Sport

light smoke all round. Doesnt look too much like a pimps car and you can actually see out, which is handy when driving. To be honest, having a lighter tint on the front windows is a bit of a non starter - the factory tint is already quite near the legal light transmission limit, so pretty much any extra tint you put on it will make it illegal.

Clio v6

If your window gets smashed is the re-tinting available under some kind of extra cost package?

Oh and would the re-tintinted window match after fading due to normal weathering?

Thanks, your all very nice and I love this forum.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

a light blue tint looks great some new mercs have them and it looks fantastic

I just got my car back today. It was called a medium tint, but its really a smoke. You can still see in and make out faces. Its good for driving, can still see out perfectly. Just like driving with shades. I almost wish id went a bit darker, but its nice

clio williams, Ph1 172

I had my back windows a dark smoke and the front light smoke. I think it looks really good. You cant really tell that they are differnt shades from the outside. It is legal too. You can see fine though all the windows although it is better in the front.