ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tints

Titanium F/F 182
Quick questions. I pick up my new car on Friday. :)
The car is coming with tinted windows. Firstly, I don't want to be hassled every 500 metres by the police because they are too dark, so is there a quick test or website where I can find out if they are ok. The back seat windows are very dark. Also with the recent hot weather do they keep the car cool or heat it up like an oven?

Thanks

Sokett

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup

ANY tints on front windows now says a big no no from the law.

Taken from most reputable window tint companies*

B-road bully
they keel it cooler cos less light ie heat gets through, i think its illegal to tint the front windows tho u MAY get away with light smokes. depends on the copper..

Titanium F/F 182
Thats a bit of a ball ache about the front windows. Anybody know how easy they are to get off? is it a case of doing it yourself carefully or letting the professionals doing it?

Renault Clio 1.2
Is it just the back windows that are done or all of them? I was under the impression that it didn't matter how dark the back ones were as long as the fronts were clear. I've had all my windows done though, 20% on the rear and 70% on the front.

Titanium F/F 182
stu1.2 said:
Is it just the back windows that are done or all of them? I was under the impression that it didn't matter how dark the back ones were as long as the fronts were clear. I've had all my windows done though, 20% on the rear and 70% on the front.
So your fronts are darker than the rears:rasp: Do you get much hassle from the rozzers? Its all windows except the front windowscreen The fronts are lighest and they get alot darker on the backs.

Renault Clio 1.2
No I meant the fronts let in 70% of the light and the rears only let in 20% of the light. I haven't had any hassle from the police, the front have a subtle tint but you can still see in well enough so I doubt they are that bothered. Haven't come across any arsey coppers yet though so we will see.

Clio Campus Sport
getting mine done on thurs aswell. £176 for back 3 windows
the guy told me my factory front 3 windows are already just under the limit:(

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
ck_dark_ said:
getting mine done on thurs aswell. £176 for back 3 windows
the guy told me my factory front 3 windows are already just under the limit:(

Which is something most people forget when they apply a 25% tint. This combined with the OEM windows may result in a 40-50% tint.

Steve

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i paid £110 with a sunstrip..

it's not illegal to tint windows at all, you guys slaver!

**quote from another site**
TrafficPolice said:
front windscreen - 75%
side windows in front of the "B" pillar ( seatbelt post) - 70%.

Depending on your insurance company you may need to notify them of your tints

PC Murray
Fife Traffic

Da

Less
Andy_J said:
Originally Posted by TrafficPolice

front windscreen - 75%side windows in front of the "B" pillar ( seatbelt post) - 70%.

Depending on your insurance company you may need to notify them of your tints

PC Murray
Fife Traffic
what a load of rubbish! I would love to see anyone actually tint a windscreen and get away with it! They have a factory tint in them as standard along with UV filters but anything ontop of this is illegal!
and it is illegal to tint your front windows as new cars now come tinted to the legal limit. As for the rears, you can do what the f**k you like with them as there is no legal requirements.