ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tips and pics on making my needles red please.

I recently put white dials and blue LED's into my clios dial set, but like most people i cant see the needles at night now lol.

Does any one have any pics or tips on how to do this??

Thanks in advanced
Dan

BMW E92/Audi S3
Im sure theres a how to guide on taking apart your dashboard here somewhere. Russ has his done i think

clio sport
Im sure theres a how to guide on taking apart your dashboard here somewhere. Russ has his done i think
Cottam_caversmiling.jpg

I use one of these!!:lolup:

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Have you sanded then red off the bottom of the needles so the led's light then up blue??? thats wot i did with mine and i can see them fine.

Jaff

Have you sanded then red off the bottom of the needles so the led's light then up blue??? thats wot i did with mine and i can see them fine.

Jaff

Not yet, ill get hold of some more needles and try it with them, blue doesnt reflect very well off of red lol. Do u have white dials?

Yeah i've got white dials. I've done all the lights in the car too.

DSC00359.JPG

DSC00944.JPG

Let me know if any1 wants this conversion doin!

Last edited:
Its not much for the leds but its quite hard to do. Took me bout 2days to do very orange light in the car lol.

Jaffa182 - Just PM'd you from another post on the forum, didn't realise you had posted here lol, so some of the questions i asked in the message have been answered here lol thanks. What leds have you used in the clock?

Nice choice in head unit, same as mine!

Gonna have to take a pic of my dials and see how bright the blue looks in the photo because mine doesnt look as bright as yours lol but might just be the photo.

Can i buy a set of dials off eBay and do it to them and then put them in my Clio so if i mess them up i dont ruin my originals? or does the little computer with mileage, mgp and so on have to be the original one?

BMW E92/Audi S3
looks stunning! I want to pay someone to do mine, so that if it goes wrong i can kick someone else in the b****cks instead of myself

looks stunning! I want to pay someone to do mine, so that if it goes wrong i can kick someone else in the b****cks instead of myself

I will do it for you if you interested? Anyones really if they don't fancy doin it them self. Can do other colours aswell if need be.

PM For details

Jaffa182

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
Do ya need to solder in the LED's ? Has any one found the how to guide for dis-assembling the cluster?