ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tips For AG SRP & EGP

Hi,

Im gonna try out the Autoglym Super Resin Polish, and Extra Gloss Protection combo tomorrow, and was wondering if you lot had any tips on what to do and what not. I have got brand new Megs Applicator Pads, and microfibre cloths.

How long do i leave the EGP on for? It looks like a liquid, what do i apply it with?

Thanks

U/R 200
Just bought sum EGP, instructions as follows,
Wash n dry vehicle, if necessary use SRP to improve paintwork,
Shake well apply minimum quantity evenly over paintwork surface with a clean cotton cloth, do not rub or apply pressure.
Allow film to dry completely (30-60 minutes!!) Buff gently to a brilliant shine using a clean soft cotton cloth.
Avoid application to glass, and unpainted plastic trim.
Suppose you can use applicator pads as well though?
Mite do mine 2 morrow if it stays dry?

106 GTi
Well worth using the SRP First. This ensures that the EGP has a proper base to bond to for added durability, plus the light polish will clean the paint up lovely first.

Apply the SRP with a Megs yellow hand pad and a panel at a time and wipe off with a microfiber cloth.

As for the EGP apply it with a foam hand pad, as thin as you can, the thinner the better. Allow at least an hour to dry and cure, the longer you leave it the easier it wipes off. Again remove with a clean Microfiber.

106 GTi
No pint doing NXT and EGP both do the same thing but EGP lasts longer. EGP also wont bond properly to the NXT.

I would do the EGP and top with P21s