ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tired looking headlights on my 172.

PH2 Clio 172
The headlights on my 172 have been looking a bit worse for wear for a while. I recently polished them up with some fine wet and dry and they are shed loads better than they were. There are still marks/discolouration on the clear plastic, on the inside where I can't get at them to polish them up. Looking at prices for a new pair of headlights, or even a second had pair, its not cheap! I did a bit of searching and it doesn't look like you can buy just the lens, I know the unit is sealed but it could be rebuilt with silicone or similar. Anyone ever taken a headlight apart, easy to do or will I likely make a mess and need to buy replacements!

PH2 Clio 172
There is clouding of the plastic on the inside of the lenses, I've polished the outside until my arms were ready to drop off!

PH2 Clio 172

Here are a few pics. When I polished the lenses I did it with wet and dry working down a couple of grades, then polished with Meguiars PlastX with a drill buffer. They came up well, except for these cloudy patches. When I run my finger over the plastic it feels the same on and off these bits, which is what makes me think it must be inside. I did focus the polisher on a section and it didn't make any difference.