ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tires how much tred shoudl you get ruffly

L

Lee_Cs_imusic

how long should a brand new set of tires last ive done 8000 miles in my 07 place clio and the two front only have like 1mm left? is that rite? ruffly how much should u get out ur tires?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I got 7.5k out of the Contis on my 172 on the front and 8k out of the Exaltos on my 182 . I've seen people report 20k + whch amazes me , lol :eek:

L

Lee_Cs_imusic

i was thinking just to sell them now because i looked at the price of cont replacements and like 140 quid and i want some 172 wheels for my baby anyway so, oh yeh and its only a 1.2 havent a clue how i burnt that much rubber.

L

Lee_Cs_imusic

continentals standard from reanult garage maybe to do with tracking?

Da

Less
Fronts on mine are from new, and are sitting at 32k but close to the wear limits now! :rasp:
Oh and they were swapped to the front 6k ago from the rear! ;)

My car is on 27kish and im sure its still on the originals (bought on 20ish) - Dont see the need to wheelspin off everywhere.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My cheap crap tyres lasted 15K and they've been around the ring and i hoon my car eveywhere.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I bought a 182 Cup with PE2's on the front and the owner said they were the original tyres which had done 22k miles! Granted they were close to bald but dameeee

I find my tyres last about 10-12k. I have only ever used goodyear f1's or PE2's

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
im swapping my tyres on my 1.2 this week on the front, done 8.5k on them (proxes so soft anyways) but i have hooned it around quite a few roundabouts so the outside edge on the left front is pretty worn.

Titanium 182
my PE2s have been on since new and there about 1mm of the wear indicator after 21,000 miles, gonna change them soon tho with the bad weather coming!