ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To car bra or not ?

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Probably done somewhere before but what is the general opinion on these things. Do they cause more damage than they save. Are they the preserve of the VDub brigade. Are they the best thing since sliced bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Clio 0.9 Tce
I went through this when I had a VDub. Imho they are more trouble than they are worth as you need to keep taking them off and cleaning or they will fade paintwork etc. Generally though its down to you and what you want its your car dude.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

never seen the point in them. As said previously why not cover the entire front of the car if your that worried, why is the bonnet so important. They spoil the look of any car they're put on.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
^ this is 100% the answer you should listen to. Imo a car bra is more of a VW scene thing, they do it cos they all do it, like putting turini's on a clio. Doesn't make it the best thing you can do but you wouldn't stand out. Turini's on a golf or bra on a clio?

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
If you want to do it for the look then fine, as above its your car.
But without a doubt they do more damage than good. After a few weeks of road grit its like having sand paper rubbing the bonnet.
So if you do it floor looks, combine with a layer of clear vinyl to protect the paint from the thing supposed to be protecting the paint!
brad-damage.jpg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
never seen the point in them. As said previously why not cover the entire front of the car if your that worried, why is the bonnet so important. They spoil the look of any car they're put on.

When I was at uni a lad had a Golf R32 (that his dad bought for him) and he ran a bonnet bra on that. Then one day he came in with a complete front end bra thing on it. He got so much stick from people that it was gone the next day!

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I still dont understand the point of them before they were a fashion thing - i recall seeing them in the states holidaying in the early 90s.
I want to stop my car from getting ugly stone chips - so I'll cover it... with something.... uglier. That way when I sell it it will look perfect for the person who buys it from me.