ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To Lower or not to lower....

Family Bus
that is the question.....

16082008243.jpg

Was on 17's, now on 15's but seems to sit quite low as it is.... just debating whether to bother lowering...dont fancy scraping over bumps :S

opinions?

Never above 25mpg
Do you not have to reconfigure when changing wheel sizes?

Because a wheel thats 17" will do less rotations than 15" to reach the mile mark so you're sort of misrepresenting the speedo/speed you're doing...

Just wondering for when I get some 16s.

Vein - the speedo would be out by a bit yeah, unless the car still has the same rolling radius as per the 16's it came on from the factory.

Never above 25mpg
Oh right. My friend rang up Tesco for a quote as he's already with them and they said if you got larger wheels you'd have to get the speedo reconfigured or they wouldnt grant a policy...!

Sorry to hijack Gem. I think you should get it lowered but if you intend on passengers of the adult size then I suggest not more than 30-40mm otherwise you'll be scrubbin like a flannel on a hot day!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Looks fine @ the moment to be honest...

But if u wanted to lower it a bit, then 40mm would be great :)

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
the back end looks abit higher than the front........ maybe drop the back down so it's all level.

Oh right. My friend rang up Tesco for a quote as he's already with them and they said if you got larger wheels you'd have to get the speedo reconfigured or they wouldnt grant a policy...!

Sorry to hijack Gem. I think you should get it lowered but if you intend on passengers of the adult size then I suggest not more than 30-40mm otherwise you'll be scrubbin like a flannel on a hot day!

only applicable if you buy the wrong tyre size,when you buy new wheels though the supplier should give you the correct size tyre to keep speedo correct

Never above 25mpg

only applicable if you buy the wrong tyre size,when you buy new wheels though the supplier should give you the correct size tyre to keep speedo correct

EXCELLENT stuff my friend :D

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
u cannot reconfigure wheel sizes on clip with clios, most others u can like laguna etc which is a bit silly

yer get it lowerd a tad

you don't want go any lower that 40mm at most like Ive said hun, even with 40mm that car will be low!!...remember you need practicality still;)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Leave as is - sits well and lower doesn't equal better handling. RenaultSport spent some time making your car handle well and a random company making shorter springs isn't going to make it better.

Unless you're going to do it 'properly' with a good set of matched dampers/springs or Coilovers and getting them adjusted and set up correctly I'd suggest that you'll probably make handling worse and throw usability out the window.

IMO, obviously.

Family Bus
NO BLACK BADGES!

The calipers are going to be orange to match :)

Sounds like 40mm is the way to go :S

1.2 Dynamique
I'd Buy some Eibach Pro/Sportlines if I was you for some Subtle Lowering and Improved Handling :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Could get away with it looking great on pro-lines since they only give a small drop.

What do YOU want??

ps. get orange indicators to match!

Family Bus
Orange side repeaters?? Or lose the silvervisions?? No to both lol!!

She has enough orange on her already!! :D

And the answer to your question... is the same as any female would reply...

I dont know!!! ;)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Made a choice yet? Sportlines would be the best bet imo, they dont lower as much as it states, 30mm at most a reckon

02' PH1 172
it looks lower than std at the moment to me, but it will look better a bit lower i recon. do it proper tho, on koni's with eibach's or get some coilovers..