ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To much carbon?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Some more parts arrived today.

Carbing front strut brace, only weighs just over 1 kilo.

CIMG3065-1.jpg

4 inch inlet + K&N

CIMG3082.jpg

2.3 Stoker engine.

jkjkjkjk-1.jpg

AMS GT35R turbo kit with black cermaic coating. Not the best looking mani but serves a very important roll by reducing temps under the hood.

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

I wonder if the induction kit is large enough? :D

Last edited:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
forget the air filter, just stick some mesh on the front of inlet!

Can't do that, would suck in to much warm air and it's not worth the risk of blowing a 4k turbo if something goes inside. Than the debris will move down the ic pipes through to the inlet manifold and into the engine! :dapprove: :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
make some ducting to stop the heat issue and run some fine mesh... pleanty people do it, when i go big single i will run without filter...

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
make some ducting to stop the heat issue and run some fine mesh... pleanty people do it, when i go big single i will run without filter...

Must be other reasons than fella as there is not one big power Evo running between 500-1000bhp with that setup in the UK :dapprove:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
really??? was sure i saw a few evo's just running the pinky inlet trumpet on the turbo... though norris did on the swb for a while? i know alot of the skylines and rx7's do cos the filters just wont flow enough and strangle it as do supras...

ITB'd MK1
really??? was sure i saw a few evo's just running the pinky inlet trumpet on the turbo... though norris did on the swb for a while? i know alot of the skylines and rx7's do cos the filters just wont flow enough and strangle it as do supras...

that's all showy b****cks mate, very not sensible to run it like that

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i dunno, i know of a couple rx7's running 500 bhp up and run without filters simply cos they wont flow enough... dragon run a couple cars as road cars without and their drag cars all run without like their 200mph car...

there are a fair few supras in the uk doing it also...

Turbos.
Turbo is massive! The ceramic coating on the manifold makes a huge difference... good for the whole engine bay!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Plans have slightly changed now. I still have the bits mentioned above but now i have purchased most of the bits in this photo!!!!!!!! Excluding the engine, brace, intel mani.

newintake.jpg

mk2 slow. . .
Must be other reasons than fella as there is not one big power Evo running between 500-1000bhp with that setup in the UK :dapprove:

thats were your wrong fella! my brothers mate, who also owns dent busters and maybe chips away but am not sure on that one over my way in bucks, he has same as yours, in that realy dark blue colour!, hes go that running at at silly bhp i think its around the 700bhp mark, i will see if i can dig out the pictures and dyno readings somewere.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Really!! Holy moly! Why's that? thought the black one was running more power.

It was running 600bhp but only 550 ib/ft of torque. Im hoping for another 50-100ib/ft of torque which will make it quicker.

+ the engine (bottom end) is a stage 4 buschar block built for 1000bhp :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Think im going for an evo 7 extreme or evo 8 rs instead of the .:R Ali! :(

My perception of evo's has changed alot...I fully appreciate them now! lol! I'm dyin for a wee black again the FK360...once moving i'm not sure it would be alot quicker...But to 60 that thing is UNREAL!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
thats were your wrong fella! my brothers mate, who also owns dent busters and maybe chips away but am not sure on that one over my way in bucks, he has same as yours, in that realy dark blue colour!, hes go that running at at silly bhp i think its around the 700bhp mark, i will see if i can dig out the pictures and dyno readings somewere.

he meant running a specific set up.

Obviously there are numerous 500bhp+ Evos in the uk.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Grrr here is a pic of the new wheels and i really don't like them! Oh well back to the drawing board.

CIMG3086.jpg

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Could you get further from the curb;)
Only joking, that is one awesome car, just wish i had the monies:(

J03

MX5 1.8
where do you get all this money from... you some kinda drug lord? think the wheels look alright, rota torque drifts would suite it better though i reckon!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
where do you get all this money from... you some kinda drug lord? think the wheels look alright, rota torque drifts would suite it better though i reckon!

he sells himself to people in high places.. like royalty and parliamentary. Hes involved in alot of scandals and keeps his head down.. You know when you flick in the news of the world and you see a "blacked" out figure involved in sex scandals? Thats our friend here.