ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To the beach, almost

Evo 8 MR
Got a new camera that arrived on thursday, bought it off a guy off here, it's a Nikon D70, my first DSLR.

I've been whoring pics in the last few days and obviously couldn't resist taking some of the Clio. Still playing with settings and just trying to find what works best, any tips or advice to improve quality are much welcomed.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

I'll be taking more at the N/W meet tomorrow if the weather is okay. Hopefully Ian will be there to share his secrets to good pics. ;)

DCi 100
Cool pics, I thought it was the beach till half way through!

Pics seem a touch dark though. Good luck with the camera :)

Evo 8 MR
Cool pics, I thought it was the beach till half way through!

Pics seem a touch dark though. Good luck with the camera :)

Thanks, yeah that's common throughout most of them, if I used the flash it would look foul. :(

looks awesome as usual steve
I was thinking of investing in an slr ready for summer you found it easy to get used to ?

No not really, I have to take about 3 of each on different settings to try make sure I get one in focus. I've taken some cracking shots though so it is awesome quality it's just different taking pics inside your room and then outside in the open, different settings needed and that.

DCi 100
Turn the shutter speed up if it's under exposed on most shots, if your trying to capture lights then stick the appeture right down and match the exposure with the shutter speed.

No need to use flash dude, makes it washed out etc.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
No not really, I have to take about 3 of each on different settings to try make sure I get one in focus. I've taken some cracking shots though so it is awesome quality it's just different taking pics inside your room and then outside in the open, different settings needed and that.

ahh guess its just a case of practice makes perfect

Evo 8 MR
My old lights! I miss the Clio :(

Looking good Steve, car's nice too x

They certainly are, are the bulbs the standard ones btw? I've seen some 172s with ones that look slightly more yellow than these. I love em though, just the right colour temperature.

do you mind me asking who colour coded it for you? looks great btw!:approve:

Do you live local?

Bodytech in Bispham, Wakefield Road, they fitted the exhaust incl. the bumper cutout for me aswell, they're top notch.

They certainly are, are the bulbs the standard ones btw? I've seen some 172s with ones that look slightly more yellow than these. I love em though, just the right colour temperature.

Do you live local?

Bodytech in Bispham, Wakefield Road, they fitted the exhaust incl. the bumper cutout for me aswell, they're top notch.
Yeah they're completely standard, just over a year old from new as said :) They are perfect tbh.

bmw e92 330d '09
erm about 1hr 30 minutes away... near Oswestry... how much did they cost you in total for all the strips & bumper parts to be done?

Evo 8 MR
This is what they did:

Front and rear bumper inserts
Side strips
Bullets with flame red lettering
Engine cover flame red
Interior dash strips and gearknob insert flame red
Calipers flame red
Hubs matt black

Did it all in one go took em a few days, £250.

The exhaust fitting incl. removal of standard one, bumper cutout and the fitting and colour coding of the exhaust surround, took just a few hours, £50.