ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TOAD Ai606 vs CLIFFORD Concept 300

Which is the best ??????

so far the only difference i have been told so far, is that u can do further upgrades with the Clifford more than u can on a TOAD Ai606.

Any other differences, the clifford is slightly more expensive, but thats all i can tell, anything else?

Jim.

The clifford turns on the interior light and locks the doors when you start the car. Can get some funky upgrades, such as turning the headlights on by the remote control, so that you can see whether you are gonna step in dog sh*t at night. Ive never had Toad. Always thought they were pretty decent though. I used to have a sigma alarm/immob with microwave sensors, and the clifford is much much better. Loads of upgrades available.

Deano

Clifford.

Lots of reasons, add-on modules are CAT1 (I thinka lot of Toad modules invalidate CAT1? Think so) and all that.. plus they good alarms, heh.

I had the same problem when getting mine.. Toad or Clifford.. Went for Clifford and very happy with it.

Toad! > they also turn on inside light and lock doors when car starts... mine even washes clothes

end of the day both good alarms!!! you will be a WINNER which ever 1 you go 4

also is there a need for the installer to be VISB aproved??

Will insurance take it if not installed by VISB person??

The Toad washes clothes!! Damn, I thought I was getting a good deal with the Clifford concept 300 and integral toaster. Wanna swap? ;o)

yeah have to agree (sheep) but i have a clifford, when the guy came to fit mine he even put the remote boot release on for me for free!! and the range on it is massive (yeah im one of those who likes to see how far away he can bleep his car!!)

hah! Yep.. the range is amazing.. I can zap mine from the other side of the house whilst sat here typing.. gotta love that!

Mine can probably work from about 50-70 yards depending on weather ive found!

However im not sure if i like this or not since i sometimes acidentally do it and sh*t! Hmmmmm!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i can find the max range of my clifford 300, and then if i take the remote and place it on my forehead and walk a good distance ferther away from the car, and then try and unlock the car it will :D

True... its in my manual too. Were ahead of the nation...

Go for the clifford. It sounds better too. "What alarm you got Jim?"

"Ive got a clifford".

"What alarm you got Jim?"

"Ive got a Toad..."

Nuff said.

Some very good points there ladies/Gents....U lot should become sales personnel 4 Clifford. I love Dno194s view on the subject "Ive got a Clifford" (y)

Clifford it is then!!:D, just need a new VISA card with 0% on purchases for 6months or so, now!! I think Egg card have it @ the mo... Anywhere else ??(sorry Im changing the subject slightly here :oops:)

SORRY but the Toad is better by far. I had a Toad on my old punto but for some stupid reason i chose a clifford for the 172. The clifford has a good long range but also has the tendancey to be unlocked by mistake, You walk some distance away and it unlocks from your pocket. The clifford alarm and locks on clio unsync more with a clifford.

THE TOAD RULES

Sure you can unsync the standard locking and the Clifford (I have original immobiliser still) but when the Clifford either locks or unlocks again its back in Sync..

Oh, Clifford rock.. hah.

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Had no end of problems with Clifford alarms on cusotmer cars as well as customers complaining about them to me. Ive had 2 cars with Toad alarms on without problem. Im in the throws of having a new alarm fitted to my Lotus and it will be a Toad.

Paul