ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Todays RR day

mk2 172

avent got loadsa time so ill be quick, thanks to all who came for a top day! as expected the results were very low but good for comparing on the day

here they are

neil cragg saxo vts 134 bhp

matt priestly mk 1 172 161 bhp

rhys turner williams 156 bhp

craig adams 16v 146

jon barrett williams 153 (127 @ the wheels tho:confused: as much as the cup 172 etc)

james cooper s 179 bhp

paddy boardman 172 mk2 163 bhp

adi burgess 2.0 16v 165 bhp

paul green vr6 183

chris oakley 1.6 16v 107 bhp

matt clarkson 106 gti 128 bhp

paul marshall 16v 127 bhp

mat brown cup 162 bhp

justin gunn pulsar 240bhp

most of the cars have a mod or two so feel free to ask what they were as i dont know!

ps, the vts goes like the f**kin stink top end now;)

craggy

mk2 172

nope, but the cold air pipe was blowing direct feeding the intercooler charger etc so it was getting a good feed. the power figures are always low at john nobles, put it this way jons and paddys made 149 & 152 @ the WHEELS at the last rr day and are both rocketships as people are aware so imagine a normal 172:eek:. my saxo would be in the 140s anywhere else. its a weopan now

The Cooper S was totally standard I believe - amazing that it put out 16bhp over BMWs quoted figures though (I wish Clios did that well)!!! Yeah, the 172s seemed low, but at least they were all about the same though. And hey! I got 162 if were rounding off to the nearest! (161.8bhp) Grrr..... ;)

Good to put names to faces - see you all again soon!

Matt

mk2 172

the cooper s passed rhys williams at bout 120

i was giving paddy jon and the golf a good run on the motorway, dont know who else played. adi and jon were neck and neck upto 140

Passed me at 120 indicated so I guess a bit less in real MPH! Dead pleased with the Williams 156(.4!)bhp. Its totally standard.

Rhys

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Oh those figures are low !!

Just goes to show you how RRs vary !!
For example :
Mat browns 172 cup 162 bhp ?? Me think not !!

mk2 172

leigh mate i think the figures were a bit low like but if u compare the figures with other cars on the same r/r there about right

paddys 172 made 3bhp at the wheels more than mine at re

put them on the road together theres nowt in btween em

same with mats old valver ...........adis

and his new cup

not a lot between em on the road but there was on the rollers

like the vr6.when i was leaving home with him this mornin an we were late as usual lol

he could only just keep with me till we got to 130+

and by the way craggys saxo is fukkin quik now lol

we jus had a little run from 70 upwards quite a

few times and i can honestly say that i dint really start makin any big gains til over 120

respect

jon

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Jon

I was just saying that you just cant compaire rr figures from different places !!
Coz there can be such a big difference. I werent knocking anyones cars !!
I know yours puts out more than what it showed.

Nobles are meant to be the most accurate rolling road in the country so i would take these figures as pretty much spot on ;) also air temp etc effects cars in different ways and bhp means nothing without torque to back it up.....

Tony

320d M Sport

yeah was a good day, need a new foggie as its cracked (damn). Seemed like a decent set-up at the garage, they were giving flywheel figures and reckon that they are the figures to have, not Wheel figures (which is what RE Bury said :confused:). Good to see Rhys finaly happy!, and i can confirm that the vts is quicker!! i need more power muwhararaa

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

My valver got 121.3 lbft torque. Not too bad considering its a 1800.

Paul16v got 20bhp @ fly higher than his result today at another RR a couple of months back with no change in mods. Apart from different air filter.

Pics up soon....

Id say those figures are much more believable than others I have seen. Sounds like a well calibrated rolling road, which doesnt use overly optimistic settings to stimulate a few referrals for more "rolling road shootouts..."

320d M Sport

although they do suggest a £500 unichip, only benefit would be smoother figure, no extra power.... my graph was very weird!! Plus ive got a kinked air feed apparently:confused::eek:

You say the 172s were all down on power but how come the Mini made more than STD with no mods what so ever, doesnt figure does it.

The rollers are ment to be spot on there and non of there kit there is old buy any means, would be supprised if some of it was more than 1 year.

The rollers were remote control !, TFT screens displaying the figures in real time. All hi tec kit !!!

PS, Snake pass was a cracker on the way back !

Cheers

Matt

clio williams, Ph1 172

Yeah mine did sh*te. Had 147bhp at another rolling road. Car running sweet too.

THink they are about 10bhp low maybe. Mines due for a bit of a service though. Don;t think the rollers were that far out.

Anyone know why my car seemed so low? what should I check out?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

lol @ craggy...

Paul - Not sure mate, but like I said to you, most valvers at the RSC were pushing the same power as yours with similar mods. Jimbo who has exactly same mods as me was pushing out exactly same power as me even the the 0.01 both bhp and torque.

Bizzare!

320d M Sport

yeah im gonna get 1 more done somewhere else and see what that says? As Craggy says roll on York......

Craggy - I thought Jons was putting out 122bhp at the wheels, not 127? Just been asleep though, so might have dreamt that. :confused:

clio williams, Ph1 172

I was expecting at least standard :( Gonna have my injectors cleaned and get some new plugs in it I think. It doesnt get used enough so could be clogged up.

320d M Sport

apprently i got a flat spot at 4-5000 revs-its appeard after RENO servied it, my graph was all up and down? might get them to flush the ECU?