ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Todays RR day

So unds like you all had a good day shame i was getting my head kicked in at Rugby!

Did i dream this or was the V6s bhp only fractionally higher than the cooper s!

Holly sh*t if thats the case!

Craggy is it Melbourne a week on Monday, as that is real close to me!

Sounds like my Cup is in need of some more ponnies!

williams and trophy

in fact paul it was actually all three of us and a few others that thought she was worth 1 hehe

take it as a compliment mate lol

has she got any mates??????????

yeah the figures there are about right.

chuffed with that tho, im puttin out more power than a couple of wiliams that ran.

and thats with the standard 1.8 head on mine.

righty next step, 33mm head conversion from ktec, wild billet cams, should see me right ;)

so what happened with the HP chips?

Ray

mk2 172

hahahahahaha

i always like to upset ppl with more power than me hehe

u comin york ???????????

well see how yours manages to get all that power down lol

jon

clio williams, Ph1 172

Hehe. Ill take it as a compliment yeah. Ill ask if she has any mates. Shes from Salisbury though so doesnt know that many people round here.

Trophy

Ray,

The cars that ran with a HP chip were told that they were running lean as was paddys standard 172, used exactly the same line on my old 16v as he did some of you guys.
Said he was unsure about running it cos it was so lean, 1% all through the rev range!!!
After a little discussion with him he asked if the car had been running with the current set-up for long? I told him in the last 15 months it has done 15k miles, 3 RRs, 1 Track day and several 1/4 miles, he seemed surprised and had no explaination.
Straight after the RR i took Adi and my old 16v to HP to get it checked out, Nick put the Lumenition Lambda lights on it and went for a test drive.
The result! it is running spot-on. slightly rich in the lower revs and creeps into the middle at higher revs, Perfect!

Makes you wonder what some people have done/spent as a result of wrong information?

Mat.

320d M Sport

i know! they said i had "slightly lean running" but a £500 chip from them could sort it out... hmmmm.

yes but its funny that all the hill powered cars on the rsc rolling road day at john nobles last month were all pinking. yet my car (which runs standard ecu) and only the clio cups wer running fine on the day, without any pinking or running lean.

then youve also got chris v over on rsc forum. they had to stop his car mid way thru the run, cus it was pinking badly. his car was running hp chip, zorst and filter. he went back a week later with only the ecu changed back to standard and it ran fine, without any problems at all

jimbo

Trophy

Jimbo,

So you could hear all these cars pinking then?
Cos my old 16v was showing no signs apart from their dodgy read-out!

Mat.

320d M Sport

oh yeah, cheers for the confidence boost Pillesnoppen :D Ill be off to YOrk in a bit anyway!! aiming for under 15...

Just Wanna say a big thanx the the Clio boys for lettin me bring my R along to the rolling road yesterday... Your not a bad bunch really :) Ive already made my excuse to mat about my piss poor power figures and my Roller coaster of a power graph..!!! Was very strange..!!!

Anyways, Fink I told a few of you on the day about my dodgy Unichip fuel map.. Its all getting sorted out in the next few weeks and a few new tuning goodies being bolted on to next tim you see me I should be up and running somewhere near the 300bhp mark... Fingers crossed it dont break down again first..!!

Anyways.. Once again, big thanx for lettin me tag along and making it a great day..

Laters

J..

320d M Sport

that sunny looked mint, you need big,huge mutha brakes though!! was that the lowest figure its ever been RR at? wouldnt surprise me as Nobles are notorious for that?

Brakes are pretty near the top of a big list of stuff to get done on my little R but all can wait till I get the unichip remapped and a new fuel pressure regulator fitted.. I know for a fact wiv the mods that are on it she should be making 275 - 280bhp...!! Just a very bad setup at the mo but even so she still flies:)

The last time my car was on the rollers was just before I had it and I believe it was at Powerstation where it made 265bhp wiv a nice smooth power curve.. The remap should see me well over that again tho:) hopefully.. if it dont Im buying an EVO 6..!!!

clio williams, Ph1 172

They said mine was running a bit lean too. I thought it seemed as though it was running rich to me :confused:. I dont think them blokes knew that much to be honest. They were trying to get me to have an engine condition check on mine as they said it was down on power, and a couple of months ago I got 147bhp @ the fly and 112 at the wheels. So a little sceptical about there figures to be honest. 20bhp is a lot of difference between a rolling road. 10bhp maybe but 20 on a car that only has 137 as standard seems a bit much.

Is anyone gonna organise another RR day sometime? Wanna get a few bits done on mine and take it again somewhere. Id try and organise it if anyone wants to go to another in the S yorks area. Or if Craggy wants to again.

Ps,Craggy Cheers for organising it mate. Know what a hassle it can be organising things like that. All went pretty smoothly in the end. Was a good day. :D

320d M Sport

yeah well done to Craggy, forgot to post that! Id be uop for another, hopefully somewhere else and ill average all 3 ive had done.

Mat... I have all the excuses ready and waiting mace as you know.. Fink I have used most of them on you at some point..!!!!

Quote " Look my actuator knackered and it aint boostin right"

Quote "My Fuel map is all wrong"

Quote " Its broken down again"

Any of them sound familiar, Ive got loads more where they came from too:)

The one Im gonna use at the minute tho is a good one.. Firstly yes my Map was all wrong and two I thing them rollers read big time low..!!! I know damn well she has more than 240..!!!!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Yeah mate thats my excuse too hehe. they are low. They are not made for clios either lol.

Also that bloke testing it didnt like me :confused:. thats a good one :D. I dont think them blokes knew that much though to be honest. Probably the saturday helpers hehe

Just been chatting to one for the Gtir forum administrators and he recons that the rollers at Nobels are seriously conservative.. His car on the powerstation rollers or well lane turbos is makin well in excess of 330bhp, Nobels RR read it at 300..!!!!!!

If thats the case then I am well in to the 265bhp I expected and if Nobels can map my unichip and read me to about 280 then I must be over 300:D

So then Paul, Why do ya fink the Saturday helpers didnt like ya..?? Did anyone else notice how many cups of tea they had..?? Didnt make me one..!!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Yeah noticed that. Sgould of at least had tea and biscuits for us after paying £28 a head for a run. only cost about £55 for a tune up on the rollers!

clio 20v

i didnt like the guy who was doing the runs also he seemed to think the flywheel figure was more important than the wheels figure which i thought was wrong

also he got very shirty wiv mat when he was having a "discussion" wiv him lol ready for a fight hehe

did i mention mine made the most of the clios lol ;)

adi

clio williams, Ph1 172

Your car looks mint by the way adi. Your car did well too, been looked after that car by Mat Brown. Like them rims too. Are they 17s? Wish id left my 17s on now. My car did sh*te with the 15s and now i got that hassle of changing em back tomorrow :(

Do you want a phase 2 wiper? I dunno whether to have it on or not yet. I know of another one if u want it anyway.

I just like the way Adis car pops and Bangs out the exhaust.. Sounds Wild.. :) When we were on the M! it was almost makin as much noise as the R.!!! almost.. :) Got ALOT of respect for that clio, A hell of alot.. Got your self a real nice mota..

williams and trophy

hehe yeah its 1 seriously quick motor .......the fastest 1 ive come accross yet..without nos n stuff of course

and the straight through de-cat seems to give it loads more top end .....how surprised was i to see him still on my back bumper at 140?????????

lol

errrrrrrrr did i mention that i think mine made the least power for a 2 litre clio?:(

but actually drivin it against the higher powered 1s theres absolutely nothing in it.......... he mustnt have liked me either

rhys........what was in that brown envelope i saw u give him???????? hehe

clio 20v

hehe well impressed wiv the straight thru de-cat, makes it sound much better and pops flames too

who wud of thought a bit of steel tube could give u so much fun lol

wheels are 16s and i think they look superb dont think id have 17s again think its just right now low as fuk and handles superbly and no reduction in acceleration

theres fuk all in mine an jons really i jus have a slight edge but nuthin much on the road, jons at wheels figure was only about 2 brake down on mine and rhys was a couple down on jons even tho fly figure was higher

dunno wether 2 put ph 2 wiper on or not can get em easy enuff anyway but cheers matey

adi

Whos the lad with the Red Clio and White Speedlines, ment to send you a PM mate as per Donny but cant remember your name :confused: ?

Cheers

Matt

Trophy

Really glad one of my clios made the highest amount!

Need to sort out the Cup, not used to having a standard car.

*Rubs hands together*:devilish:

Dougal, You know your glad to see the back of it (16v).

Matt, the lad your on about is Adi with my old car.

Mat.