ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Todays Work On The Trophy

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Done a few jobs on the Trophy today and one was a total C*NT.

First off was the boot struts as trophy ones are known to not work with the cold wether and don't hold the boot open so after a purchase from SGS 2 new rear struts where bought at a cost of £15 each rather than renaults £218 each.

BootStruts01.gif

BootStruts02.gif

Next up was the air filter as i have been reading a lot of comments about foam filters (Panel & Induction) so as i have a K-Tax panel filter in i thought it would be a very good idea to go OE and replace it back with a standard one.
I was running an induction kit with a ram air filter but took this off as Gaz is wanting it and throw the air box in badly so it was time to tidy that up also.

AirFilter01.gif

AirFilter02.gif

AirFilter03.gif

AirFilter04.gif

AirFilter05.gif

AirFilter06.gif

AirFilter07.gif

AirFilter08.gif

AirFilter09.gif

AirFilter10.gif

AirFilter11.gif

Next up was the clicking noise that i have had and it turned out to be some kind go valve down the back of the fan blower down the bulk head.
This was a tight job and i advise that anyone with average or large hands don't bother and just unplug the thing. I think it has been the only time i actually wished i never done this job as my hands got scraped to hell.

Once i got this out i cut the wires and ripped it out, I then re ran the wires my way as with the unit on one end and the connector you can't route the wire the same way unless you cut the wire and join it back together.

A big Tip is to make sure the small insert bit that turns is in the exact same position as the one you took out otherwise you will stand for hours trying to get it to fit and it won't go in, It will be like trying to fit a rectangle into a triangle.

Re-Circ01.gif

Re-Circ02.gif

Re-Circ03.gif

Re-Circ04.gif

Re-Circ05.gif

Re-Circ06.gif

Re-Circ07.gif

Re-Circ08.gif

Re-Circ09.gif

Re-Circ10.gif

Re-Circ12.gif

Lastly while i was in that neck of the woods i thought that there is no point in having it all ripped out and not changing the pollen filter so that got done also.

PollenFilter02.gif

PollenFilter01.gif

PollenFilter04.gif

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I keep meaning to change my panel filter. Think I will give that a bash next weekend as I want to replace a clip on the scuttle panel too.

Nice work mate.

M2 Comp
What's up with the Ktec filter?

That's what mine has (previous owner fitted), but always thought they were ok.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
What's up with the Ktec filter?

That's what mine has (previous owner fitted), but always thought they were ok.

They need washed and sorted with oil. There is a few posts about it as some people have said they are not the best filters but then again its down to maintenance also from the user. The rubber round my edges has also ripped and perished. It was not like that when i fitted it and it was fine.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
that happened to my ktec panel filter, the rubber started to come away. they replaced under warranty.

now ive got a pipercross panel filter and its doing the same, pipercross make the krec panel filter iirc

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I cant wait lol

If your struts are bad i would suggest getting someone to help you hold the boot open as it was a hard to push the boot open with my head / shoulder while fitting these. It takes 5mins if that.

M2 Comp
Wish I'd never came in this thread!!

That's boot struts ordered and now to get an OEM air filter. :eek:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I bought a motor factors air filter (Fram) as renault never had one is stock.

Euro do them for £16 which is the same price as a OE Renault filter, Would prob get one cheaper from a trader on the site.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Renault wanted £218 for a boot strut.... WHAT ?!!!!

£40 also seems a bit pricey for them? I have a spare set in my shed if anyone needs some :S

As its a V6 spoiler it comes with smaller boot struts and the renault price is around £218+vat each.

These struts are rubbish and the colder it gets the worse they get, My boot would not even stay open today.

I personally think that £40 is a steal compared to the OE price.

As its a V6 spoiler it comes with smaller boot struts and the renault price is around £218+vat each.

These struts are rubbish and the colder it gets the worse they get, My boot would not even stay open today.

I personally think that £40 is a steal compared to the OE price.

£500 FOR SOME BOOT STRUTS RENAULT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!