ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom Tom One

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
A big thumbs up from me.

The Mrs and I went down to London at the weekend and the first time I'd (and her) had used the TomTom one, and it's great.

Really easy to use, good instructions, and with the exception of it picking up every kind of camera as a speed camera, it was really good.

Definitely recomend one to anyone thinking of getting a Sat Nav.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I bought one a few weeks ago used it a few times now. Absolutely spot on. Much better than my mates horrible navman b****cks!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Still can't figure out how to make mine show the speed cams

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Have you signed up to get it? I thought it came on automatically after you did.

a burnt one
I have the same problems with the speed cams, i ended up giving up and using them from some other site, was a mare downloading and installing them though.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

tom tom 1 is the bizzle.. still need to download the cams on to mine defo get thumbs up from me!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
me too!! Had mine since xmas, not signed up though, fook paying for that lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
yeah installed it and everything, even go to plus services safety cams, switch them on and nothing

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Use the tom tom one daily for work and never had any trouble and thats 2000 -2500 miles a week!

BMW M3
Love mine too !

Also the speed cameras are brilliant. Shows the limit etc... and flashes exactly where they are. Think i downloaded mine from pocketgpsworld if thats any help.

if its the free cameras you dont turn them on,uea tomtom home download it then download to tom tom and they work straight away,like i say no on/off

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
My Mrs got the speed camera's working sound - no idea what she did though, sorry. Some of them are a bit off though. Going through the roadworks on the M1 (J9 - J6?), and it didn't have the right limits.

1 question though.

For the traffic update - How much does this charge your mobile? You put your bluetooth on, and then it connects to something or other, how much info is sent / received?

Audi TT 225
There is a setting to turn cameras on/off. Haven't got mine in front of me atm but I think you first have to go into settings then turn on ALL settings. It's then in the speed camera section I guess.

Will have a look later..

White Sti Hatch
There good and all but ive noticed a few probs with mine in my home town (Dundee Scotland) and also perth one in dundee if you have it showing you speed and the speed limit of the road half the time it give you the wrong limits once got 70mph on a 30 and also trys to get you to turn up one way streets :/ part from that its good

My Mrs got the speed camera's working sound - no idea what she did though, sorry. Some of them are a bit off though. Going through the roadworks on the M1 (J9 - J6?), and it didn't have the right limits.

1 question though.

For the traffic update - How much does this charge your mobile? You put your bluetooth on, and then it connects to something or other, how much info is sent / received?

it wont be accurate to those cameras as they can be changed at any time and are throughout the day

White Sti Hatch

1 question though.

it wont be accurate to those cameras as they can be changed at any time and are throughout the day

It only does fixed cameras do it not ?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
There were a lot of warnings in and around London that were different to the traditional camera warning, sort of bigger, and on sections where there were no fixed camera's.

Didn't know if they were mobile camera sites or not, just assumed they were.

An excellent site for all types of speed camera is http://www.pocketgpsworld.com
Although it costs £19 a year, there are monthly updates and are much more up to date than any that TomTom or Navman put out. They also have about 100,000 POI's. Have a look at the site, it's really worth it.

306 GTI-6
just bought one of these today, with the free "safety" camera alerts, should be getting a proper test at the weekend so will see how ell the camera thing works, as there are a lot on the A9.