ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom's Vectra - Progress Thread

Renault clio 2005
Re: New Car Thread

Nice comfortable car at 20 that is a good car to have at 20 I Was driving around in a metro gti lol. How is the insurance cost for that car?

Vectra

Insurance isn't that bad, but I'll be shopping around come renewal (in July).

Renault clio 2005

Ok I think You will be very lucky to insure that car for under 2k a year. But will be worth it :)

107 Track Car & C4

Ok I think You will be very lucky to insure that car for under 2k a year. But will be worth it :)

I would imagine it'll be way less than that. I was 19 with my 2.0HDI 407SW (2006), and it was something around £700 with Admiral. I'd be surprised if he pays over £1000, even with the variation in post code.

RS172 Flamer

I should be getting my snowflakes in the coming weeks, what colour do you guys reckon? Silver or Black?

I like black but I've been told that it'll look to 'chav' I do like them in silver so I don't mind either way.

Silver on a black car ftw!

I concur with silver on black. Love those alloys and really like the car so IMO it will look nice

Renault clio 2005

I would imagine it'll be way less than that. I was 19 with my 2.0HDI 407SW (2006), and it was something around £700 with Admiral. I'd be surprised if he pays over £1000, even with the variation in post code.

Too many variables to be able to compare Your Insurance costs to op. Postcode variation is huge. For me there was a difference of £690 from a Dorset postcode to a wirral Postcode. I have taught people who are 20 and they are paying £1900 for a corsa 1.2 with 3 years no claims bonus. Third party could be cheap and then there is a good option to mod the car how you like without any extra costs. But even then I would estimate at least £1600

Last edited:
  Vectra

No progress has been made yet, I got a quote on window tints though it would be £260 for Limo Tints so I'm getting it booked in for those.

Vectra

Whats peoples opinions on debadging the Vectra? Seen examples of both and tbh I don't know which one I prefer. I mean it looks good but at the same time I don't want people thinking that someone has ripped it off.

I'll try and get some decent photos tomorrow, if I remember on.

Renault clio 2005

Whats peoples opinions on debadging the Vectra? Seen examples of both and tbh I don't know which one I prefer. I mean it looks good but at the same time I don't want people thinking that someone has ripped it off.

I'll try and get some decent photos tomorrow, if I remember on.

I think Debadging is great Gives a much cleaner line to the appearance of the car :)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

I had an Integra Type R at 20 for my motorway cruiser (50 a day)

oh wait...

1.8 vvt is a s**t engine tbf, you'll be lucky to get 30mpg and for what, 140bhp? I had the Z18xe in my old Astra at 17 and it was alright, pretty torquey from what I remember. Didn't really like to rev.

Always quite liked the style of the Vectra C though

Suzuki Jimny

This is going to look incredibly rubbish with limo tints. It's not a limo.

Looks very tidy as it is!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Has the OP mentioned why he bought the car? I'm massively confused!

Vectra

92971c74-5fdb-45b5-b590-501b953f224f_zpsf3de43ba.jpg

20130526_191932_zpsa538cb40.jpg

Photobucket has ruined the quality, but plans are; 19" Snowflakes in Silver, Limo Tints, SRi Headlights/Rear Lights.

Still undecided on; Debadging Boot Lid, Colour Coding Grill.

350z GT

Very dull if I'm honest, I wouldn't be excited to get into that every morning.

But if you like it then good luck to you

Vectra

Update, Debadged & SRi Rear Lights

Before & After:

8191bbb0-9b8c-4ef8-9fa1-4cee9a6d3fee_zps8520bdb5.jpg

8cab0abb-5377-484b-ba84-7eb7a2ab177a_zps004419e5.jpg

Vectra SRi

If I'm honest I'm not a big fan of the debadging but that with the Sri lights makes a massive difference! You thinking of getting the Sri lip spoiler too?

Vectra SRi
On the tints too, I was unsure whether it'd be too black but I think it works...

20130603_215252_zps4058a463.jpg

20130603_215233_zpsca8fece9.jpg

They're not too dark, look a lot lighter in the day in fairness, I think tints, 19" snowflakes and maybe the XP kit and it'd be a lovely car!

172, Focus
I like that you keeping it pretty subtle and factory, looks pretty clean too. must be nice to have a motor with that much space inside!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
But if he's going to make it look like an SRi, then he will have to declare it to his insurers anyway?

Clio DCI
nice mate, I had a soft spot for vectra's around the same age as you, must have had 6/7 in different models. My old Vectra C CDTI

P1000704.jpg

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Don't no why people find this so strange, it's a very nice car for a 20 year old, at 20 I had a tiny, slow, bad handling, uncomfortable Citroen C2.dark tints are a bit drug dealer but the new alloys look great, colour coding the chrome grill should look good too.