ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom's Vectra - Progress Thread

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Reminds me of my old VXR - I've always liked the vectra c's.

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Why do people say this :(

A nice car should just be a nice car, regardless of the owners age.

Its the sorta car you get when you have family and dogs to lug about. Boring to drive, boring inside, boring to look at, good at lugging family around safely and comfortably, that's it. Which, IMO, is why its still a strange car for a 20 year old. When I was 20, I wanted a fun car, a Vectra is as far away from fun as you can get. Each to their own though.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm sure someone asked earlier, but, why didnt't you just get an SRI? They can't be that much more to buy? These things are worth like, 8 quid now, no?

Vectra SRi
Give the guy a break, he obviously likes the car and I think what he's doing with it looks good! At the end of the day it's no different to what people do to Clio's.... ph2 rear on a ph1... why not buy a ph2?! Turinis.. why not buy a trophy?! You could look at alot of modifications on alot of cars and say "why didn't you get a..."

Plus on another note, 99% of the time on our roads I'd rather a nice comfy vectra over a crashy noisy Clio, on track it's a different story but give me comfort any day!

Vectra
20130725_134105_zpsf7cea863.jpg
[/IMG]

Going to paint the calipers Blue, getting lowering springs on payday along with window tints.

Vectra
20130818_142828_zps385e06d3.jpg
[/IMG]

Another photo, instead of springs I'm getting FK coilovers.

Also, anyone good on Photoshop could you please PM me? Thanks

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Coilovers? On a Vectra? What a massive waste of money. It'll go from a boring, poor handling but big and comfy car to a boring, poor handling, bone shakingly harsh ride car. It'll look better though, I guess.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Coilovers? On a Vectra? What a massive waste of money. It'll go from a boring, poor handling but big and comfy car to a boring, poor handling, bone shakingly harsh ride car. It'll look better though, I guess.

Coilovers on a clio? What a massive waste of money, why ruin what renault made so well?

Because why the f**k not.

Vectra SRi

The Vectra actually handles quite well for its size! If you're comparing it to your Mondeo don't! I have both and the Vectra is much better then it!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
This thread is just full of LOL's! You have a brand new Mondeo AND an old Vectra? So your young and own 2 family cars? Baller.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It looks good but the tints will ruin it imo.

​Nothing wrong with a family at his age though.

Vectra SRi
This thread is just full of LOL's! You have a brand new Mondeo AND an old Vectra? So your young and own 2 family cars? Baller.

Apologies I didn't realise the mk4.5 was brand new, I have very little knowledge on Mondeo's, i bought mine because it was cheap. As for the baller comment, I wouldn't call myself young exactly (26) and I have 2 kids (2 year old and 7 week old) so I think I probably qualify for a family car, or am I mistaken?!

LOL

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Even more confused as why you'd coilover a car you'll be lugging family around in lol clearly I'm not going to understand this at all. I have a family and would want the safest, biggest, most comfortable car I could afford, luckily I am provided with such a car for my job.