ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tomtom 910?

Suzuki Swift 1.5vvt
Well thinking about buying the tomtom 910, just wondered if anybody had any feedback from them?
Currently got the Garmin Nuvi 310 deluxe,is it much difference?
Thanks..:approve:

RB 182
Good bit of kit, probably better got the new TomTom XL version unless your going to use the other bits on the 910. One with that was good I thought was the loudness of the instuctions.

tom tom 910 has a replacement,920 if your interested
910 has loooads of extras,however for a similar price garmin 660fm does all the same AND you can have the satnav instructions done through the radio

Clio
Has anyone had troubles with their tomtom or sat nav in their clio? i turn mine on and it takes forever to connect to satelites but in my other car it works fine

RB 182
Has anyone had troubles with their tomtom or sat nav in their clio? i turn mine on and it takes forever to connect to satelites but in my other car it works fine
Which TomTom? With the reflective front windscreen it can have problems, it might be worth getting an external aerial for it.

Clio
yeh.. i got a tomtom 1.. i was told that my heat reflective tint is causing it. are the aerials expensive and how do they attach to the car?
Thanks

That's strange, I recently bought a Tom Tom One (europe) and bought the external antenna because I thought the windscreen would cause issues. Yet when I put it in the car it worked fine without it, so I ended up taking the ariel back to Halfrauds.

make sure you plug it into your computer and update it. You need to do this weekly as there is a program called 'quickgpsfix' which downloads onto the tomtom as part of the update. This allows the tomtom to find the satelites much quicker.

shouldnt take any longer than 10 seconds to achieve satelite lock.

Clio Trophy/Boxster
My advice would be to hold off purchasing any high end TomTom at the moment (510/710/910), all three models are being replaced by the 520/720 (Late July) and 920 (September) respectively.

There will also new versions of the One GB and Europe with cut down features and price.

The only 2 models in the range running the latest software/hardware are the XL variants so if you need one right now id go for one of these.

regards
R2TR

106 GTi
My TomTom One also works fine through the 182 screen, again I bought the external antenna and have never needed it.

gps quick fix only needs doing once,it basically records the position you are downloading from and then that is used first to guess your location

Suzuki Swift 1.5vvt
Thanks everybody,think I'll wait a while then, don't really need it till later this year so I'll keep with the garmin for now.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
I have a 910 in my 182. Cant fault it at all. Hard wire it to your stereo and all instructions and phone calls come through your speakers. It can read you texts to you (If you have the right phone type). I bought a genuine ariel of ebay for £10 which i have in the 'clear' box at the bottom of my windscreen. With this i get full reception, without it works sortof but takes an age to find satalites. I would wait for a little while a prices will no doubt drop. I got mine for £279 when most places were still asking £499.

Clio
are the ariels for all of the tomtoms the same? will i be able to buy anyone and it will fit into my tomtom one?

clio 172, renault 5

mine dont start up, just has a circle with an x through it flashin. only had the c**tin thing 2 weeks