ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TomTom Camera Database

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Hey, I've just found the free gpscamera database now costs!

I've got a TomTomOne V2 and fancy updating my speed camera locations.

Are there any good free alternatives or (free ways to get the pocketgpsworld.com one?)

Cheers, James

RB 182
It's been like that for months...it's only £2 to update it once but more if you want the whole year.

I've not been that impressed with Tom Tom's own camera database. Does the pocketgpsworld one work any better?

Never used Tom tom's own, the pocketgps one is good as it categorises the camera's into what speed/type they are. Also shows locations of mobile vans.

I just pay £2 every few months for an update.

Der Panzer
As I recall The Hoff was once kind enough to make it available, it's about a year out now though.

Anyone got the latest locations? I'll host if required.

Der Panzer
Mail them over to crap @ andyhenderson.com if you do. I'll pop them up for everyone if you want.

No spaces required obviously.

106 GTi
I've not been that impressed with Tom Tom's own camera database. Does the pocketgpsworld one work any better?

I have the TomTom one on mine, also intrested to know the difference between the pocketGPSworld ones?

RB 182

I have the TomTom one on mine, also intrested to know the difference between the pocketGPSworld ones?
The TomTom one is updated as much as the PocketGPS one. The PocketGPS one also splits the cameras down into categories like Specs and Gatso for example.

I've sent it to Andy to host, only a small file.

Focus ST

More people subscribe to pocketgpsworld. They have the usual means of locating cameras but also they promise that if anyone can find a camera not on their database and you email it to them (and if your the first to tell them) they give you a life times membership.

So with that type of promise i think they have, if not most up to date database. :star:

I've saved the link and will use it but I reckon this thread will self destruct shortly...

The database and data contained within it are owned by and copyright of PocketGPSWorld.com. This data is not allowed to be shared, reproduced on any website or in any application in part or in full without our prior written authorisation from PocketGPSWorld.com. Data, text, graphics, indicia and code are protected by UK, US, EU and International Copyright Laws, and may not be copied, reprinted, published, translated, hosted, or otherwise distributed by any means without explicit permission.

All Speed Camera Warning Database (including red light cameras) subscriber and non-subscriber submissions, additions and amendments automatically become the individual and collective property of PocketGPSWorld.com. No permission will be granted to companies, organisations, websites or author's who distribute our data without a current commercial PocketGPSWorld.com license.

1.8 Civic EX
ok...how the frigg do you install this on the TomTom??

I've got TomTom Home open and the TT is connected ok...I've extracted the files to a new folder on the desk top...then what?

1.8 Civic EX
can't see no maps folder?!?! I've opened it like an external harddrive but there is no maps folder..It's TomTom one version 2 if that helps...