ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TomTom One doing my head in

Not a Clio
Bought one this morning, fully updated. Go to navigate to, enter postcode, choose correct road from drop down list. Takes me to a screen with a bit of a map and a black bar along the bottom. Cannot interact with this screen, assume it's going to calculate the route but it doesn't instead the TomTom restarts. It does this every single time I try.

Am I doing something wrong or is it knackered?

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Sounds Buggered to me, if it keeps restarting its self i would be taking it back mate

Not a Clio
1 step forward and 2 back. After much faffing it decided there was another update which now lets me set the route and stuff via the pc which is more than it would previously let me do. However, now the tomtom won't get past the startup graphic so I can't use it at all now.

inferno 182 both cup pack
were was it brought from mate, do a 30 sec reset on the bottom of unit and if this does not work its knackered mate , see it all the time

1 step forward and 2 back. After much faffing it decided there was another update which now lets me set the route and stuff via the pc which is more than it would previously let me do. However, now the tomtom won't get past the startup graphic so I can't use it at all now.

just freezes?

make sure you make a copy of all your files and folders first incase you fluff this up

-connect to pc
-open up the tomtom folder
-copy and paste all the files NOT in folders to the desktop
-delete all the files you have copied from the tomtom
-d/c the tom tom let it start up,a red cross will appear
-re-connect it
-open folder
-drag and drop all the files you copied to desktop onto the unit
-d/c it
-let it load
-it should re-load all software from the start and it SHOULD be sorted,its normally a file gone corrupt

tbh you shouldnt be doing this if youve just bought this,if you cba just take it back and swap it

Not a Clio

just freezes?

make sure you make a copy of all your files and folders first incase you fluff this up

-connect to pc
-open up the tomtom folder
-copy and paste all the files NOT in folders to the desktop
-delete all the files you have copied from the tomtom
-d/c the tom tom let it start up,a red cross will appear
-re-connect it
-open folder
-drag and drop all the files you copied to desktop onto the unit
-d/c it
-let it load
-it should re-load all software from the start and it SHOULD be sorted,its normally a file gone corrupt

tbh you shouldnt be doing this if youve just bought this,if you cba just take it back and swap it

No joy. Also tried what is suggested on the tomtom website and now all I get the the screen with the cross, doesn't even load now.

Not a Clio
right! It updated the software to 7.166 which isn't even the latest version but it's now working again!

if your just getting the cross now

-copy and paste the:
>settings
>splashsw
>ttsystem
>system

to pc,delete from unit,turn on unit,reconnect,copy back across those 4,then you should be ok,done this a few times and its sorted it

EDIT:nm with this then

glad its working :)

Not a Clio
Thanks for the help mate. I'm turning it off for tonight before I break it again. Shall have another look tomorrow and see if it will actually let me plan a route without restarting. I got it from argos, also the 3 year warrebty so swapping it shouldn't be an issue.

Not a Clio
Turned it on this morning ready to start swearing and it's working how it should! Let me plan a route, watch the demo of the route etc without locking up or crashing or anything. Not sure I'll update the software though, don't want to be back where I started again.

Not a Clio
Backed everything up and risked the latest update again to 8.010. This time it seems to have worked fine however it's not finding any satellites.If I plug it into my pc and operate the tomtom that way it finds loads of satellites. Confused!

Not a Clio
From what I've been reading that's no guarantee I'll get one that works. Seems to be down to the software. I've just left it for about 30mins and its found 6 satellites so perhaps it's just very slow after the software update.

Not a Clio
ok it all seems to be working properly, been using it on and off all morning from my desk and not had any problems. Only annoyance I have now is that every time I connect it to my pc it prompts me to install TomTom home when it's already installed. Can I stop this?

Not a Clio
Just confirming that it's all working now as it should. Used it properly today without issue. Very unimpressed that it didn't work like this out of the box and that updates can so easily make it unusable!

TT 225
iv got a ONE XL and only problem i had was trying to press P it kept putting in a W but i sorted that out by removing the protective plastic screen thing, and hen trying to find a route from on my drive as it wont. It does however say that you will struggle to calculate a map anywhere if your in a built up area (im not but it only starts to work from the end of my road).

Iv also never even connected it to my PC. Is it even worth doing?

Not a Clio
Connecting it is the only way to get the updates. It also allows you to plan your route via your pc which can be quicker as you can use the keyboard to type in the address/postcode etc.