ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too all 172/182 guys in the know.

182 CLIO SPORT
Got a mate who says his mates clio 172 is going to k-tec and will be the most powerful N/A car in the uk after its finished.????mmmmmm reckons 260/280. now i laughed at this but is it possible with throttle bodys/cams and every thing you can throw at it. round 10,000 getting spent under the bonnet so he says. just thought it was a bit ott but what do you guys reckon??:S

Focus RS
I would of thought by spending 10 grand then yep it would be possible, good luck to him, let us know how he gets on or if he is full of it.

182 CLIO SPORT
I would of thought by spending 10 grand then yep it would be possible, good luck to him, let us know how he gets on or if he is full of it.

I shall do. it be thumbs up if it was but thats some cash like. didn't think this was possible with out getting it a turbo con done.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
probably full of shite,if hes got 10 grand lying around you would go and buy another car. K-tec would recomend their turbo conversion if hes going for power anyway, defo full of shite

182 CLIO SPORT
probably full of s**te,if hes got 10 grand lying around you would go and buy another car. K-tec would recomend their turbo conversion if hes going for power anyway, defo full of s**te

Mate said he knows its cheaper to get a turbo con. Its baffled me but every one to them self i guess!!

Burgandy 174 sport t
Fair enough peple add a bit at a time and then get carried away with things that turns into silly money but to set out from the start and spend that kinda money.... well!!

10k on a car that's prob not worth more than 6, seems a lil extreme IMO, would he not be better off buying a car with a bigger engine?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
The problem is not getting that much horsepower.

260-280 bhp is easy if you're talking about a race engine full of expensive trick bits with a tiny narrow power band at the top of its rev range. Where it doesn't matter that when you're outside that narrow powerband the car is actually slower than standard when you put your foot on the throttle.

The trick is to get that much horsepower out of an engine with usable power that you can still drive around the street. But, that said, some people will drive anything just so they can claim how much power they've got.

That's why people put turbos on when they want lots of horsepower. That's the way to get a lot of horsepower out of an engine without making it undriveable. But of course the problem with doing that on Clio Sports is the licorice gearbox.

ITB BG 182
10k in mods on a 13k car when it was brand new = £23k for that amount of money if you was just wanting purly power but with the sheepish stealth look then my way would be old mini on a refurb but massive bike engine for half the price.
Or just look around for a nice N/A car that has high power.
He's silly... just get a bloody motorbike an be done with it.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Could he not sell the 172, buy an early Ph2 v6, insure it AND have most towards a set of TBs from Yozzasport? And then you've got a good looking car AND rediculous power.

182 CLIO SPORT
I'd like to see this project when it's finished.....if he's for real.

Hey up. my mate said that its no joke!!lol. his mate is getting it picked up by a trasporter today!! good luck is all i'm saying, i know i'd do better things with that kind of cash.

Clio 172 mk2
Totally...good luck to him, his money and all that.....get him to post soime pics up here when it's done and spec etc.

For an extra 10k I'd be trading in the Clio and buying a Megane R26:D

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
I've not heard of any road going N/A 172's making that much power. If it was possible (or drivable afterwards) I'm pretty sure someone on here would have done it by now. Aren't most of the reputable tuners TB'd cars running around 220bhp? and they have done alot of engine work to get to that figure.

Clio 172 mk2
I don't think anyone has gone up to spending 10k on an engine though.

Could be wrong though

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
I don't think anyone has gone up to spending 10k on an engine though.

Could be wrong though

I'm not saying it would be impossible to get that much power if you throw enough money at it. But if it was worth it, someone like Yoz or Andy would have done it already. Last time I read the spec of their engines it looked like they had put a fair amount of money into them but they are still know where near those power figures AFAIK.

I've not heard of any road going N/A 172's making that much power. If it was possible (or drivable afterwards) I'm pretty sure someone on here would have done it by now. Aren't most of the reputable tuners TB'd cars running around 220bhp? and they have done alot of engine work to get to that figure.
Yozzasports run ning about 230~240 I think.

Best ideal is to talk to BenR 260~280hp isn't impossible though he was talking 350hp I think some time.

There been a 280hp N/A 172/182 engine has been done I'm sure I forget who did the car it was for racing though.

Just sort the bottom end out and better still get the cc up to help say 2.2 liter longer crank etc and let it revs. 240hp Yoozapsorts got thats using near stock bottom end I think at 6.7k or something build it to 2.1 liter and let it rev.

Clio 172 mk2
Yozzasports run ning about 230~240 I think.

Best ideal is to talk to BenR 260~280hp isn't impossible though he was talking 350hp I think some time.

There been a 280hp N/A 172/182 engine has been done I'm sure I forget who did the car it was for racing though.

Just sort the bottom end out and better still get the cc up to help say 2.2 liter longer crank etc and let it revs. 240hp Yoozapsorts got thats using near stock bottom end I think at 6.7k or something build it to 2.1 liter and let it rev.

35obhp.....jeeeeesus:eek: