ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too cheap? What could be wrong??

Swift Sport
I'm just about to start an afternoon shift so probably won't have time, sounds like a good precaution though!

I'm just about to start an afternoon shift so probably won't have time, sounds like a good precaution though!
Do it! it might be hiding something, given the fact the dude is moving too, it's well worth it. Only takes about 5-10 mins.

Swift Sport
Do it! it might be hiding something, given the fact the dude is moving too, it's well worth it. Only takes about 5-10 mins.

I'll need details from the V5 though... What will I need? I'd have to get in touch with him and hope he's at home.

work for BMW
sounds good mate i would buy it, at that price you don't have much to loose seeing as you can break / sell it for similar. Go big or go home!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Exactly, three things i do when buying a car:

Before i view - MOT history check and dealer history check, i.e. those stamps, were they actually done. Also check that mileages all tie up.
Before paying the money - HPI/RAC car data check

Reason for all of the above? Here is the data for a 330ci Sport i bought a couple of years back, it had a full stamped "BMW service history book" for the 84k mileage, but the MOT history online suggested it had higher mileage. Quick call to BMW and not only did it have full BMW history up to 142k, but BMW advised it needed new clocks at 147k ... so im sure you can all work out what Muhammad did ...

History_zps430674b3.jpg

Funny thing is, after i sold it on 170k with a new official BMW fully stamped service book & all the recovered invoices, i saw it for sale again, by the trader i sold it to, with only 87k on it :nono:

work for BMW
Exactly, three things i do when buying a car:

Before i view - MOT history check and dealer history check, i.e. those stamps, were they actually done. Also check that mileages all tie up.
Before paying the money - HPI/RAC car data check

Reason for all of the above? Here is the data for a 330ci Sport i bought a couple of years back, it had a full stamped "BMW service history book" for the 84k mileage, but the MOT history online suggested it had higher mileage. Quick call to BMW and not only did it have full BMW history up to 142k, but BMW advised it needed new clocks at 147k ... so im sure you can all work out what Muhammad did ...

History_zps430674b3.jpg

Funny thing is, after i sold it on 170k with a new official BMW fully stamped service book & all the recovered invoices, i saw it for sale again, by the trader i sold it to, with only 87k on it :nono:

Blimey there are some bar stewards around

Swift Sport
Update...

I've asked the guy to send me proof of the cam belt change and he's sent me a picture of a sticker on the engine with 51,832 written on it.

Swift Sport
I've uploaded the picture to my flickr account, but I can't post it from my phone. Anyone can feel free to post the picture on here by clicking on my flickr link <<<<<<

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mate works for SKF. If anyone wants some stickers to prove there cambelt has been done PM..lol! What a dick.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Don't do it Ste! Lol this the silver one from stoke mate? I certainly wouldn't be trusting that sticker though, but as said 1700 quid + a cambelt change for peace of mind still makes a cheap 182

Swift Sport
The guy keeps sending me more pictures but nothing adds up... Yes, plenty of receipts and whatnot but it just puts a bad taste in my mouth. It could be legit but I've learnt to be a cynical person as I've got older. Can't help thinking I should stick with Jap stuff, eh James!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The guy keeps sending me more pictures but nothing adds up... Yes, plenty of receipts and whatnot but it just puts a bad taste in my mouth. It could be legit but I've learnt to be a cynical person as I've got older. Can't help thinking I should stick with Jap stuff, eh James!

You should mate lol although I would say that!

Someone trying to offload a car way under price , who is telling you you won't find him after tomorrow because he is off south .......

i can think of lots of things that can go wrong . I can't believe your all a little naive, seen this before so many times.

the last was a nicked range rover and believe me everything including the HPI checked out .

west mids police got heavily involved in that stunt (car had been removed from its owners drive in aberdeen)

Swift Sport
I didn't buy it, I bottled it.

If anyone is genuinely interested in a cheap 182 I'll send you the link.