ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too good to be true?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Monaco 53/468
"If its seems to good then it probably is to good" - one thing I've learnt from Deborah whatserface off Dragons Den!

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
Cat D or a scam advert. Gotta be at that price!!

No cat, spoke to the guy, selling because he is 21 and failed with the insurance after buying the car thing. Paying 2500 at 21. It has 5 owners, so I would be 6th owner!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Owners isn't really a biggie.

Not for £6999 anyway!! Cheap as chips!!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Dynamique Flamer
No cat, spoke to the guy, selling because he is 21 and failed with the insurance after buying the car thing. Paying 2500 at 21. It has 5 owners, so I would be 6th owner!

I would still do a HPI check on it. As my mate could afford to insure one at 19 and he was at college and worked a couple of shifts at tesco!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Tbh mate ive seen a few slip through the net at prices i couldnt believe...!

Factory Xenons... i cant see headlight washers but if they are then thats a damn rare option as ive never once seen it before.....!

Id snap that up if its genuine

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go on the frs ownersclub and ask about it, im sure they will know something about it
o and ask him what number it is? you should only get it if its the 'phase 2' verison, stictched seats and pink cable!

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
wont be a phase 2 if that plate iirc, still not a bad price if its genuine, hard to tell, but least youv had a chat with the owner, which helps alot!

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
It is phase one version AFAIK, stitched seats and the grommet at retro fittable.

Factory xenons is a lie, they didn't come fitted. Washers I am not bothered about, I didn't have them on my old 1.2 rep. MOT was fine.

Going to see it, spoken to the guy, going to run acouple of checks. Might be seeing a NW RS soon ;)

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
wont be a phase 2 if that plate iirc, still not a bad price if its genuine, hard to tell, but least youv had a chat with the owner, which helps alot!

Bit of a London wide boy, but if I run checks, AA look over, what more can I do. 70k miles is right for the age.

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
hmm not the best if its a bit of a jaunt, spose an inspection will help, but wont unearth everything.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
ST170 headlight upgrade.

My mate paid £8300 for a 53 reg one a few months ago, was shagged but HPI clear when he bought it (did a check at the sellers house with RAC) went to sell it after 3 weeks as he didnt like it came up CAT D, had to sell it for £6k.

I'd be wary, spend more on a minter, VERY expensive to fix. Arch liners cost £100+, front bumper undertray (£200+) brakes expensive to replace. Not worth buying a cheap one.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Mustang, S13, AX GT
Have a good look over it, if you get an AA inspection then thats a big helper. On top of normal checks leave it running for around 5-10 minutes until its all warmed up and make sure theres no smoke on idle, if it smokes then the turbo seals are worn. If its all good and the test drives good you might have a bit of a bargain.

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
they dont look like the ST170 lights tbh

st170hlamp.jpg

2009-01ZF.jpg

2007-06M.jpg

:lolup:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
They dont make that 2.0lT duratec engine anymore, ive got the evo buying guide or the Focus RS, seems there are no known issues

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of an RS that's not recorded - but it should be as I saw it in a really really bad state. I thought this may have been it, but its's not.

You still seeing that car Jamie ? Where in London is it ?

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
I know of an RS that's not recorded - but it should be as I saw it in a really really bad state. I thought this may have been it, but its's not.

You still seeing that car Jamie ? Where in London is it ?

Just not sure Craig, there are a few cars that I am going to ask a member to go see, not that he knows this yet (he drives a red car and gets spotted more than Jesus in American crisp packets).

There are a few going for the 7.5-8.5k mark. Serious consideration!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
I would if the difference between insurance is only 100 notes.

Residual values are leagues apart with the St170 and RS

Plus, remaps seem to make these things fly!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's not that cheap tbf JD so it doesn't have to be dodgy.

Does it cost per picture on PH, cause the amount of t***s who put 2/3 pics on to sell there car is ridiculous.