ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus ST, new shape, pre facelift, 7k??

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I would say there was something dodgy about it, that is stupidly cheap

Although they have listed a home number :S

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way that cars straight. Blanked plates so you can't hpi it up either. I reckon it's recorded (hunch)

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
Don't like the look of them Ad mate, but at that price if it was straight I know a few. Peps for one.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true mate, it seems a bit too good to be true if you know what I mean. At the end of the day it's probs worth a call though - if it's not in Italy etc !

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  Titanium 182
I seen an add similar the other day 197 for £4000 on autotrader. Rang the number out of intrest and got a machine saying "This vehicle has now sold"

:S

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
It is the only bad thing I have heard though Dan. Usually you get "bad on oil", "gear box is iffy", "interior is cheap" etc etc.

Not heard a dickybird about anything else being problematic . . .

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  M2 Competition
I know i know. Im thinking of more sensible cars now... (ones that top 25mpg when you're going steady)

What do you have in mind at the moment?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
I seen an add similar the other day 197 for £4000 on autotrader. Rang the number out of intrest and got a machine saying "This vehicle has now sold"

:S

That phone call probably cost you a tenner+ ;)

Ad

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  MK2 FRS
mpg is all about driving style with STs. When i used mine day to day, would get 33mpg on a mixed drive.

The owners forum is split down the middle of those who can get decent mpg and those who can. remap geniunely helps!

Build is rock solid. Mine is on 50k now and had the alternator replaced just before the warranty went. They did the aux belt at the same time which was bonus!!

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  M2 Competition
Hmm, apart from yourself with a highly tuned one, everyone ive spoken to has said they've averaged around 24mpg :S

Wheras friends with Gt Tdi Sports are touching 50mpg... thats double!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
had mine about a year now, on about 35k only problem i have had is the alternator, which was £300 to replace. seems to be quite a common fault. no bother otherwise.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Mondeo TXS Bardge.
aye its like 3 hours to fit one, its complete c*nt of a job, there is no space in the engine bay
we have one in work at the minute, so far in the month the customer has had it, replaced the alternator, had to sort the gem modulle going faulty, replace the dispstic tube as it was leaking, not its turbo waste gate is jammed, needs new turbo, total job £1500, thats 4 hours labour, inc the turbo (£1200+vat) and other gaskets.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Mondeo TXS Bardge.
tbh aye, we get less problems with them than most other models of focus, but from the ones ive seen that have propblems they are riddled with them, but they are the minority. the only reall "common" problem is the abs module failing (part of the abs pump) if you ever look at one and it has the abs light and traction control light on walk away, it'll need a new module and thats a £1300 job.
the only real problem on an ST is that there are no quick jobs, a job that would take 1 hour on a normal focus takes double on an st engine even servicing takes almost twice as long.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  Titanium 182
Sounds it ! you might have just put me off one there mate, I would be terrified of it going wrong !

Ad

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  MK2 FRS
nah they reasonably cheap to run to be honest. Only oil changes upto 125k, so cheap servicing. Lets put this in perspecitve, the mechanicals are volvo. the alternator happens to be ford though!!! lol Front brake pads from ford were £60

Far more horror stories r.e renaults. Had mine over 18months done 34k in it.

As for the abs tcs light whole host of things it could be not automatically the abs module, as it controlled via the vacum system.

I was quoted one hours labour for the auxillary belt change (enquired prior to my alternator failing as i thought i need this)

Last edited:

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
Update!!

"Hello,

The car is as new condition and has no outstanding finance, no previous crashes or anything negative you need to concern yourself with.
Now I am in the Rep of Ireland and the car is here as well.
I have a shipping contract already paid so the final price is 6875 gbp + 150 gbp shipping taxes.

Let me know if you need more info as I am looking for a fast sale.

Regards,"

Really? Because I received an email from Pistonheads saying you were dodgey as fook love!

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
Lol;

"
Dear Customer
Our records show that you have recently been in contact with the seller of a Ford Focus.
We are writing to advise you that this advert has been removed from our website as we have concerns in regard to the adverts authenticity.
If you are considering purchasing this vehicle please ensure you have visited our online Safety & Security centre http://www.autotrader.co.uk/safety_and_security/ and reviewed all the advice offered.
If you have already entered into any transactions with the seller, please contact us on the number below.
Legal & Compliance Team – 01925 294614 / 0845 345 3450
However, please note that whilst we have policies in place to deter and prevent unethical and fraudulent activities, we have no liability in respect of any loss and/or damage that you may suffer as a result of your dealings with an advertiser and/or your purchase of a vehicle advertised on our website.
Our advice to motorists who are buying a car, is to follow a few simple steps:
Vehicle check
If you do one piece of research, do this. A vehicle data check is the smartest investment you will make when buying a car. The check will reveal if the car has been reported stolen, has outstanding finance on it, has been written-off or scrapped, and what the full spec of the vehicle should be.
Seeing the Car!
You should never buy a car without seeing or driving it first! Make sure you’re fully insured to drive the seller's car, and take evidence of this with you.
The payment
Never wire money abroad – it is almost always a ‘fraudulent’ seller. Pay for the vehicle when you are collecting it from the seller. Get a receipt for any payment you make, especially if you’re paying cash. Get two copies - one for you and one them. Make sure the car's details and the seller's address are on both, and that both copies are signed.
Vehicle Valuation
Check the market value of the vehicle.
If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
The visit
Always visit the seller at their home address. Don’t arrange to meet them at a motorway service station, a lay-by or any other address aside from the one where they live. Check the address is the same as the one listed on the V5C document.
Take the original advert with you, plus the notes you made during you phone conversation will the seller. This will enable you to check details like mileage and tax are the same as you were told during the call.
The paperwork
You must see the V5C document, the service history, the MOT. Everything must be present and correct, or you should walk away from the deal.
Make sure all the documents are original – don't accept photocopies.
Examine the logbook (V5C) carefully. Check the seller is the recorded keeper in the V5C. If not, they're not legally entitled to sell you the car. Check the registration number is correct, as well as the vehicle identification number. Lots of dealer stamps in the logbook means it's likely the car is well maintained. It's always worth calling the garage to check they did carry out the work.
The DVLA has released stolen V5C document reference numbers as follows:
- BG8229501 to BG9999030
- BI2305501 to BI2800000

Checking the car
Look under the bonnet and check the vehicle identification number (VIN) is the same as that on the V5C. The VIN number is commonly found on the chassis, on the windscreen or on the floor by the driver's seat.

Kind regards
Legal Compliance Team
Auto Trader"