ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too good to be true?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Half them don't mate! No real!

25 days is a long time to be up for sale but the time of year and the kind of car it is might dictate it staying for sale longer that regular cars.

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
25 days on PHeads, several on Autotrader . . . seemed an OK bloke though, happy to provide information etc, all checks out OK.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just not sure Craig, there are a few cars that I am going to ask a member to go see, not that he knows this yet (he drives a red car and gets spotted more than Jesus in American crisp packets).

There are a few going for the 7.5-8.5k mark. Serious consideration!
They will be hacks mate !!! Easily 10k upwards for a nice one that's not been cained around.

I'm seeing the dude with red car this week, if it's the same dude. If there are some local to me, Essux or London i'll possibly see them for you, depends on things.

The dudes one on PH for 25 days is a bit odd, i'd not give 9k for it, not on 70k miles !! Now it's £7000 on AT, but not on there ! Odd !

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
iirc if its a non premium ad you are limited to 3 pics.
Pay the £16 or whatever and you get 8 or 9 i think.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
either way, remember these simple but effective words.....
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
im a strong believer in that and if you go on the frs forum they will tell you the same as there are some right dogs about! you will be lucky to get a minter between 8-9k let a lone 7

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
Yeah agreed on the get pay for etc. Rather an ST on lower miles, one on 45k with brand new clutch, 12 months MOT and 6 months tax for 5.5k. Rather that!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I would say thats been in a front ender.

I'm sure they arent standard grilles, and the ST lights will be cheaper than RS lights as the indicators are in the bumper. Plus it's too cheap for a straight car.

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
ST170 appeals, ST I'm not a fan of. RS rarity is quite a plus point though!

How're you getting on with your search Dan?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  White clique
he orginally told you its had 5 owners yet his pistonheads advert says 2 owners. Plus he blags it about factory headlights.

He's already coming up with balls**t - it wouldnt inspire me with much confidence.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
he orginally told you its had 5 owners yet his pistonheads advert says 2 owners. Plus he blags it about factory headlights.

He's already coming up with balls**t - it wouldnt inspire me with much confidence.

To be honest, theres bullshit and just not knowing the product.

Just because the seller doesnt have every single plausible answer to hand doesnt always necesarily mean that its not an honest example... imo anyway!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  White clique
To be honest, theres bulls**t and just not knowing the product.

Just because the seller doesnt have every single plausible answer to hand doesnt always necesarily mean that its not an honest example... imo anyway!

why would 2 adverts state a different number of owners?

I'm not saying its going to be a crap car, i'm wondering why the current owner isnt able to make his mind up.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  M2 Competition
ST170 appeals, ST I'm not a fan of. RS rarity is quite a plus point though!

How're you getting on with your search Dan?

The st170 is lovely to drive. Feels weirdly underpowered though, whcih i wouldnt normally say about a car. Think power delivery is very linear, and un-torquey. Handling is amongst best ive driven though, just feels so nice.

Im after something newer! Have decided what i want, just gotta find the right one. I do relatively low mileage (6-8k a year id guess), so mpg figures are not a huge issue for me. Its going to be a blue early st2. Mileage not too much of an issue, but around 60k is my limit, and £9k.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I would say thats been in a front ender.

I'm sure they arent standard grilles, and the ST lights will be cheaper than RS lights as the indicators are in the bumper. Plus it's too cheap for a straight car.

Agreed, that looks like the grill off one of those Focus ESP's..
I would make sure the front and rear number plates match i.e both logo'd with the same company so many body shops make this simple failure.