ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tools needed to fit new RS front discs/pads?

MON

titty cup'd 182
I couldn't find a Guide/how to on the site, so the question I'd like to know is what tools do I need to fit new front discs and pads to the 182.

I have a caliper wind back tool and have done a fair few disc and pad changes on other cars, so mechanically I know what i'm doing.

If someone knows what size socket/spanners I will need for the carrier & caliper bolts and bleed nipple I would be most grateful to make sure they are nothing unusual and that I have the correct size tools before starting the job. Also if a disc retaining screw is evident, is it most likely to be a crosshead?

Thanks in advance.

Marc.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
bolts that hold the caliper to the hub are 18mm iirc bleed nipple should be 8mm i think, pads just pop out and the disks are held in place by those torques screw/ bolt, i dont have a clue what size they are, hope this help and im not wrong:D

I think your spot on Eck ;)

I definetely had Torx Screws holding on my standard discs on.

This was when i changed them for Brembo Max Discs and EBC Green Stuff Pads.

Suprisenly they came out and didn't round off head wise or break/snap :)

Astra van,Mk1 nova
I think your spot on Eck ;)

I definetely had Torx Screws holding on my standard discs on.

This was when i changed them for Brembo Max Discs and EBC Green Stuff Pads.

Suprisenly they came out and didn't round off head wise or break/snap :)

brownie points for me :approve:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
remove 13mm bolt on caliper, only the bottom one as u can just slide the caliper off when the 13mm is off.

remove pads

squeeze bak caliper piston with a large set of grips (make sure brake fluid cap is off and remember 2 press bak the piston slowly)

remove 2x 18mm bolts from the brake pad carrier

remove disc screw with a torques 40 bit, (idealy u want an impact hammer to)

wak the disc off with a hammer

clean hub and pad carrier with a wire brush

fuk im board

Astra van,Mk1 nova
remove 13mm bolt on caliper, only the bottom one as u can just slide the caliper off when the 13mm is off.

remove pads

squeeze bak caliper piston with a large set of grips (make sure brake fluid cap is off and remember 2 press bak the piston slowly)

fuk im board

You've just shown me up! so im going to bed :rasp:

remove pads

fuk im board

And copper slip as well if you wish on the hub faces etc. ;)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

remove pads

fuk im board

And copper slip as well if you wish on the hub faces etc. ;)

alright u cheeky monkey:rasp:

MON

titty cup'd 182
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. So no unusual tools then, as mentoned I have a caliper wind back tool and also an impact driver, so it shouldn't cause any problems.

I've not done a renault before and not had the wheel off, so hadn't looked at the caliper in detail.