ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top 5 driver annoyances

1. people raciong in built up areas MUPPETS

2. people driving at 15mph in a 40 trying to look for somewhere

3. people on mobile phones.

4. people stopping in the highstreet,
blocking 1 of the 2 lanes just so they dont have to walk as far to the cash point.

5. idiots raping thier cars trying to race u when your not trying and nearly wiping out your car trying to do 40 round a roundabout in a beat up old fiesta.

6. tthe main one: people driving with no observation at all, this could be lane sitting, not stoppin when the parked cars are on thier side of the road forcing u onto the kerb etc

i could go on forever

1. People driving too fast in built up areas.
2. People driving too fast for the conditions.
3. People not keeping their distance.
4. People driving around roundabouts in the outer lane without indication.
5. People who otherwise have no respect for other road users.

1. Old people driving 20 in a 30, and 40 in a 60.
2. Snails going up slip roads..
3. People on mobile phones especially on roundabouts - argh!!
4. Tailgaters, especially on the motorway
5. Volvo and Merc drivers
6. People who drive with full beam on, and dont dip their beams, oblivious to the fact that youre going the opposite way to them
7. People who shortcut on mini-roundabouts
8. People who jump red lights
9. Max power heads.. mainly in Saxos..
10. people who have no lane discipline.. i.e. roundabouts, motorways, etc..

I could go on...

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Greeper - 5e - people who cant park their car and dump it between two spaces.

Would the fact I dont wont my precious baby dented but a red neck Cortina driver so I park directly on 2 space means I am a bad driver then ?

2FAT4U -Cyclists and motorcyclists

You Moniopic t**t. I have been riding for over 21 years and I can say forsight against other complete idiot cars drivers is a gift. You are one of these idiotic car drivers, you are lower in the evolutionary chain than the amoeba.

Captain - I do hope your comment

"-Cyclists and motorcyclists

Yep, again, totally agreed,,,, they are the curse of the internal combusion engine,,,,," was in jest my friend, Ican can uderstand if 2FAT4U makes these pathetic comments but you of all people. Please confirm I missunderstand this !

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

ChavyBoy

I am thinking more along the lines of shopping centre car parks etc that are always busy.

However in answer to your question. If you cant get it between the lines then yes I would say you are a bad driver. If there were other spaces in this hypothetical car park then you could park further away and not park near anyone else. If that was the last two spaces then you are being selfish.

Why employ people to paint white lines if you do not adhere to them?

Cavalier driver could still park next to you. Or people with shopping trolleys may still hit your car.

Taking up two spaces also means car looks like it has been abandoned and due to your careless parking people will form a derogatory portrayal of your character and may believe the opposite, that you do not look after your car.

I agree with you about cyclists to an extent;

5f - Drivers who do not give cyclists enough room when they over take.

5g - Cyclists that pull out on junctions causing cars to swerve, cyclists who go up the inside of you during moments of traffic congestion scraping and bouncing off peoples cars.

GR7

Shiny red R32

ChavyBoy, I park like you sometimes, especially at Sainsburys where their lines are painted far too close together! I couldnt stand it if I got any dings on my car.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Often I park as far away from shop doors as possible, particularly B & Q etc and the annoying thing sometimes is that when I get back to my car there is someone parked right beside me, when there were a hundred other spaces.

Didnt mind it last Sunday though, when a gorgeous Scooby was snuggled up beside me, as I knew that driver wouldnt bang the side of my car. He probably thought the same about me!

Never park beside vans, especially white transits or company looking cars, like Vectras and Mondeos!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Greeper,

Show my the rules that you only have to Park in one space at a time.

I can get the car between the lines but I choose not to.

So I am a bad driver - No I just look after my car more than others and appreciate what I have.

Clio 197

Parking in two spaces is just plain selfish. If I ever see some plonker who has done this, I try to sqeeze as close as possible to his drivers door just out of sheer badness. In some places said plonker would also have to pay double the charge! Hey I dont care if it is a new Ferrari or whatever. It is just a car!

If you want to keep it pristine leave it in the showroom!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Eddd,
Like a said shoe me the rules which tell you to park in only one space !

Plus what I do with my car is no one elses business.

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Chavyboy

Calm down, I appreciate that you love your car, I think we all do or we wouldnt be on this forum.

"Show my the rules that you only have to Park in one space at a time."

There are no rules, however under the new driving test you must do it too get a license, parking between two spaces would fail you.

"I can get the car between the lines but I choose not to."

Good on you for asserting your rights as an individual. Still think in a very crowded car park you are being selfish

"So I am a bad driver - No I just look after my car more than others and appreciate what I have. "

At the expense of others.

Out of curiosity do you park in disabled spaces as this is going to be 5g and I wouldnt want to offend you. You really should be more considerate of cyclists you know

Anyway ChavyBoy, the point of this thread was to find out what each of us thought was bad driving, I still consider people who park across two spaces in a crowded car park as selfish, if the car park is empty I think it is lazy, my opinion sorry if I offended you.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Point taken, and I would rip of someones head if they parked in a disabled space if they werent disabled. Now that does wind me up.

People who cram lots of children into the back of their car not wearing seatbelts, and too many children for the car, and people who dont wear seatbelts

Clio 197

1. People who dawdle in the overtaking lanes.

2. Dutch caravans. They are usually doing the above.

3. Tailgaters

4. Inappropriate speed. They go 50 in the 60 zone and 50 through the town. Cant get by them anywhere...speed up if you try a pass or they see a passing zone coming up...

5. Plonkers taking up two spaces in a carpark!

6. The bollox in front who cant find the money for the toll!

1 - turists from Madrid
2 - turists from Madrid
3 - turists from Madrid
4 - turists from Madrid
5 - turists from anywhere else in Daewoo Matizs and all lights on, day or night... and no map.

Visit Torrevieja! Youll love it!

Wow, just read with great intrest.

I agree with everone here apart from that tofast4u numpty idiot. Lets just hope I never bump into you, as a biker of over 10 years, I find your comments extreemly childish, your obviously still at school and dont even drive, get a life kid!

Id take great pleasure in doing a burnout on your head with my 255/40/17 section rear tyre, being spun by my 370(ish)bhp engine! t**t!
Or how about I stick you head down the 5" Blitz tail pipe and show you what the 6900rpm redline really sounds like!!

God I HATE people like you!

So, back to the subject:

1) People who dont understand how to use the motorway
2) The stoopid 17 year olds who think thier Novas & Corsas can beat my Supra, and sit about a meter off my back bumper! (why bother, Ill just go slower!)
3) Women who feel they are so good at driving, that they are able to put on makeup while doing 70 down a dual carriageway (I wish I was that tallented!!!)
4) People who use their mobiles on the move. Hands free kits are about £15, get one!

And the last one, not directed at road users, but the government!

5) You rip us off with road tax yet fail masively to keep the roads in acceptable condition.! Would you pay for something you werent happy with!?
No, neither would/do I.!!!!!

ps. I also use 2 spaces when parking, mainly cause the car is too wide for one and I can get the doors open fully to get out. Plus most people dont seem to care about what there doors hit when they open them!
But to be honest I try not to leave it where its likely to happen.

Id had my Supra for a week, went shopping, got back to the car to find that the guy that had parked next to me had scraped his bumper along the side of my car while pulling into the space next to me (marks on my car matched the colour of his bumper). So I kicked a masive dent into his door.

190 BHP Willy 2

I always park across 2 spaces in busy car parks. the spaces are way too close together. anyway dont matter a sh*t as long as u put 2 tickets in it if a ticket is required. saves parking dings. which i hate with a passion.

Hates:-
1)People sitting up ur arse giving it large in there crap cars.
2)Not indicating.
3)Fit women driving nice cars with boyfriends that look like they have been chasing parked cars.
4)The police following you around for 10mins then not pulling you over.
5)people who overtake you when there isnt a space in frontthen just pull in and slam on the brakes, one question? WHY?????

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

You lot must have smaller spaces than where I live.

I do agree that if the spaces are exceptionally small parking across them would be acceptable, or if you owned a wide vehicle such as a V6, or if you are a large person and need more room to get out.

I still beleive that for most normal cars there is no need for this. Yes carpark spaces should be big enough to accomatate all size cars but then potholes etc should also be extinct with the amount of money we pay each year it just wont happen.

I just think back to the 45 minutes wait I often have to do in order to get a space just because A the place is busy and B some drivers have taken up two spaces.

In the end the shopping trolleys etc will get you.

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

ChavyBoy

Are you a time travelller? It seems to be 18:00 where you are and 13:00 where I am, so this post will probably appear before your last one: "Now if you have ever been to Costco in Lakeside the spaces are massive as they have about another 2 foot of Cheverons either side for you to get past. Now these are a brillant idea." as my previous one did.

Strange?!?

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Yupp its cattle trucked. Just spoke to OUTKA5T and he is going to sort it out hopefully. Cool trick though !

1. "The cash point cripple" The guy who parks on the double yellows to get as close to the hole in the wall as possible causing no end of disruption to traffic. Also known as the "chip shop cripple" or "video shop cripple".

2. Women in 4x4s who never go off road and live in the city. Also like to park on double yellows when dropping the kids off at school.

3. Daydreamers who approach Islands in the inside lane and then cut you up on the way through. Always happens to me! The number of times I have nearly lost a bumper!

4. Already mentioned but people who jump lights.

ps.

Nedbeard - been to Torrevieja. Best holiday I ever had!

VW Potato

my pet hates driving...:

1) People having sex in THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!

2) Selfish, careless t***s who leave their elephants at home unattended, FOR DAYS!

3) Aliens who land and always ask me THE SAME EFFIN QUESTIONS ABOUT PARKING ZONES!

4) French exchange students who turn up here JUST TO GO SHOPLIFTING!

5) Stupid old b*st*rds, who have the balls to be both STUPID AND OLD!

g

Wow my post above was posted after chavyboys but chavyboys time about 10 mins ahead lol. Forum error or is chavyboy posting from the future .

Chun.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Now if you have ever been to Costco in Lakeside the spaces are massive as they have about another 2 foot of Cheverons either side for you to get past. Now these are a brillant idea.

Fable for anyone who takes two parking spaces.

Sainsburys at Camden (V Busy Nth London) Someone had parked across two bays and I and the kids (sorry not mine)had no choice other than to park across the next two bays (as in, there appeared to be nothing else I could do at the time). Did the shopping 1/2 hour and came back to two tyres being knifed and a message on MY!!!! screen saying not to be so selfish.

THREE HOURS OF AGG>>>

BEWARE***************************

I dont take two spaces in a busy car park, like an NCP. But if Im shopping at a supermarket Ill go to the very emptiest part of the car park and park my car in an awkward way there (you know, the bits that never fill up). My car is covered in tiny door dents

GR7

Shiny red R32

If I were you Ben I wouldnt go near NCP Car Parks! When I lived in Cheshire I used to work at a very busy pub and two of our regulars at the weekend, were two guys who worked in one of these NCP Car Parks in London during the week, and every weekend they would come in the pub trying to sell fabulous hi-fi equipment and all sorts of valuable stuff which they used to steal from parked cars.

Of course there were signs stating that cars were left at the owners risk and of course, they never saw anyone touching cars!

Most of the Cheshire folk had the very best stereos/CD players in their cars!

1. Old people who cant drive
2. Old people who cant drive
3. Old people who cant drive
4. Old people who cant drive
5. Old people who cant drive

Because:

They think that the outside lane on the motorway means you can only drive at 70mph max, and anything up to 50 when going up a hill. They also think that overtaking anyone is not neccessary, as they won the war and can drive at any speed they want, nomatter how many cars are stuck behind them.
In their days, cars never had mirrors, so theres no reason to start using them now. Neither did they have indicators, and why should they take a test again? They fought in the war!

Both my grandads drive at 20 in a 30, never go above 60 on the motorway, do not touch the indicators for fear of breaking them, and they both drive brand new ford focuses! GRRRRRRR