ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Imola Red E46 330ci

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The Mazda went I'm afraid. I am a bit gutted most days its gone, not as much as I miss the Golf, but the Mazda was in a new dimension of fun. However, as a 6ft 4 guy who seems to spend a lot of times going up and down the bloody A34 it just wore thin a little bit. The revvy engine, tight driving position were so much fun on B roads and late night roundabout blasts... but sitting at 80 potatoes on a dual carriage way, or (in the case of the A34) sitting in stop start traffic... not so much.

So I had a dilemma. What to get? Well I did quite like the £500 E36 Cab I got (Full on polish spec). It was a shed, but gave me more of a taste of BMW's and even that drove quite nicely. Looked at what I could get for the £3k mark and there were a lot of E46's. My Requirements were that it had to be a 330. And after mulling over the factsheets and whatever, decided I may as well have the Coupe. I'd also made it more difficult for myself trying to buy a car as we were in the middle of building our new one at work (HPD ARX-04b, feel free to google).

In the end, I completely fell for this one. I ended up taking 3 trains and getting a lift off the guys parents to pick it up from York. Was completely last minute trying to organise the insurance at 9am in the morning on a train with the signal cutting out "Sorry we dont insure BMW's" was worryingly common. But, when I got there I wasnt disappointed. Finally got some dirty pictures of it yesterday as the light was dying.

16549471451_c11f92c9a5_c.jpg
DSC_0467 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

16365248637_4fcba08d23_c.jpg
DSC_0471 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

16363696530_9d3fc4c3f7_c.jpg
DSC_0475 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Spec is:
2002 330ci M Sport Coupe
Manual
135k on the Clock
Electric Leather seats
Spoiler delete
Harmon/Kardon Sound system
Facelift rear LED lights
Amber indicators
Coilovers
Spacers on the wheels

I've added an ipod adapter for the factory stereo, and a Ram-Air intake. So far it's been pretty flawless. Drinks oil like these do but nothing excessive. Few bodywork blemishes (front bumper being the main one, cracked to hell and the paint chipped) but its so clean for the mileage and age. Starts first turn of the key, even when I got flown to Daytona with work and came back to realise I'd left the interior light on. Oh, and the noise is awesome. So basically, as a comfortable mile muncher (Thats actually quite fun to drive) It ticks all the boxes.

You should all sell your Clios and buy about 4.

Iceberg Ph2 172
I love how its still got its amber corners, and the LED face lifted rears are nice too.
In fact i think the Imola with amber corners looks amazing.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Amber lights are dreadful and it's too low.
Nice car though, good choice.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very nice youth, not sold on a few bits as per ginger above. I didn't even remember you ever getting the mazda, lol!

I hated my 320, but with some power behind it i imagine these are good all rounders.

Leon Cupra 300
What's the M Sport obsession? £100 says it doesn't say M Sport on the V5. Same with yeecup's 2004 car!

Imola red is lovely and the ambers would look ok if the rears matched.. I'd dump the facelift leds, don't think they look right on pre facelift, think because the MV1 are pretty retro.. Pick up some Amber rears, should find them I think the really early ~1998 coupes had them?

Or, even better just replace all with how it left factory - with the White lenses.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm sure Mine said M Sport. (53 reg facelift car)

I was under the impression pre facelifts were just sports?

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I'm sure Mine said M Sport. (53 reg facelift car)

I was under the impression pre facelifts were just sports?
I think your correct on that one about pre facelift, and I'm almost certain mine says m sport on the v5.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
What's the M Sport obsession? £100 says it doesn't say M Sport on the V5. Same with yeecup's 2004 car!

Imola red is lovely and the ambers would look ok if the rears matched.. I'd dump the facelift leds, don't think they look right on pre facelift, think because the MV1 are pretty retro.. Pick up some Amber rears, should find them I think the really early ~1998 coupes had them?

Or, even better just replace all with how it left factory - with the White lenses.
mines is an m sport. m sport sill plates, steering wheel, suspension, etc etc. ill check the v5. not sure if im obessed or not, its just thats what the car is called?

I'm not a fan of the amber either, but other than that it's a nice car. Does the filter sound that much better than standard? Have a spare cone filter I've been debating throwing on mine to see what the noise is like.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
my mate has a topez blue 330ci with a massive cone filter on it and a full milltek exhaust, does sound nice. filters do make them sound pretty agressive in a good way, search e46 330ci K&N intake on youtube. couple of good vids to give you and idea of sound. i was debating it myself, however i think im going down the full eisenmann route.

Leon Cupra 300
mines is an m sport. m sport sill plates, steering wheel, suspension, etc etc. ill check the v5. not sure if im obessed or not, its just thats what the car is called?

My old ones had all that but they're called a Sport, your V5 will say the same.

M Sports were introduced around 2006 on the E46 as it was phased out, although they're essentially the same.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It was a modification I was going to do anyway (the ambers). But he previous owner already had. The suspension does sit a little low for my liking at the rear, but the adjusters have been taken out. Already bought new shocks as one is dead so maybe that will bring it up a touch.

I'm not sure if its technically an M Sport or w/e. Car was actually bought in Germany, but as a RHD UK market car. Probably by someone in the Forces. Spent a lot of its life living somewhere near me as the first 4 or 5 stamps in the book are at North Oxford BMW! Annoying that I had to go to bloody York to get it back lol.

BMW Archive Says its a 330Ci, and the options are...

Standard Equipment
Armrest front
Fog lights
On-board computer
Battery in luggage compartment
Language version English

Optional Equipment
Dynamic stability control
Sports suspension settings
Multifunction f steering wheel
Alarm system
Deleted, model lettering
Deleted, rear spoiler
M Sports package II
Warning triangle and first aid kit
Interior mirror with automatic-dip
Smoker package
Seat adjuster, electric, with memory
S481ASportsitzSports seat
Headlight cleaning system
Park Distance Control (PDC)
Rain sensor
Automatic air conditioning
Radio BMW Business (C43)
CD changer for 6 CDs
Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon
M leather steering wheel
Aerodynamics package
High gloss shadow line
Interior moldings Alu Black Cube
Headlining anthracite
White direction indicator lights
BMW LA wheel, Individual
NATIONAL VERSION GREAT BRITAIN
Retailer Directory Europe
Delete cross-pattern operation
On-board vehicle literature English

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Maybe the coupes and Tourers are different, but mine says this

16548754776_b6e06d862c_z.png
DSC_0742 by McPikie, on Flickr

and it's a 54 plate

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Ah well yours is a facelift, and says sport. Mines a non-facelift, and just says "330CI". So that theory checks out. I still have everything yours has as far as im aware? Interior/exterior trim and Suspension. Exhaust is pretty nice too (Golf tee mod done).

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Welcome to the 330ci club :smile: Love mine, 54 plate totally standard mind you but has loads of factory options, happy that I got updated maps for the Nav from Rich on here though :smile:

Oh and have no idea what it says on the V5 though lol, didn't think these were officially called M Sport buts everyone refers to them as that but imo, who cares! :smile:

Couple of pics as everyone else has!

11271543364_833a16c77f_o.jpg
IMG_0413 by danfullstop, on Flickr
11271588413_3760500731_o.jpg
IMG_0416 by danfullstop, on Flickr

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Look nice

Not a fan of amber lights, lot of car for the money i loved mine

People refer to these with m sport, is abit like saying a clio 182 is full fat lol

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ah well yours is a facelift, and says sport. Mines a non-facelift, and just says "330CI". So that theory checks out. I still have everything yours has as far as im aware? Interior/exterior trim and Suspension. Exhaust is pretty nice too (Golf tee mod done).

I read somewhere all sport models have the valve in the exhaust but it's coded to be open all the time

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I read somewhere all sport models have the valve in the exhaust but it's coded to be open all the time
The valve is open on idle, and closes when you drive away, iirc it then re opens again over 3-3.5k.

I think most people do the mod though tbh.

TTRS & V50
Absolutely love it.

I'd go as far as saying as I prefer Jason's to every other one posted in this thread. Mainly due to lows and not having the s**t facelift wheels.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Looks s**t Jason.

M Sports (god I hate that term) did appear on very late E46s. My mates 330cd was an "M Sport" (cringe) on a 55 plate.

I don't know if I'll ever own a 2005 onwards BMW for that reason. :kissingsmiling:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Too low at the back, same as mine. Makes them look s**t +ghetto. Can't wait to get koni's on.